One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old friend of mine has collected Osprey books from the gitgo, and told me the other day that Half Price Books has a variety of them, all going for $4.98 each. That's the price whether the book's a Men-at-Arms, Warrior, Elite, Campaign, Vanguard, or whatever.

I stopped by one of their stores and found a number of titles salted throughout the Military History and History sections. I nabbed two Warrior titles - US Marine Corps Raider 1942-43 and US Army Ranger 1983-2002, a Men-at-Arms - The German Army in WW I (3) 1917-18, and a Battle Orders - US Army Infantry Divisions 1942-43 (lots of TO&E stuff as well as services background and campaign/battle info w/maps). Saw stuff on WWI Brit arty, Napoleonics, Irish battles, Russian troops of Ivan (Terrible or Great??).

_______________________________________________​

One non-Osprey I thought I'd mention, for those interested in the subject: Robert L. Willett's RUSSIAN SIDESHOW America's Undeclared War 1918-1920. The Allied Intervention in Russia seems to be getting more coverage, and Half Price had a bunch of copies of this one. Looks good, I'll be finding out shortly.

·
Duty First
1,119 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I went this morning and found a few titles; there weren't too many but you can't beat $4.98 for an Osprey book nowadays.

I also picked up some "GI Series" titles for $2.98.

·
Old Enough To Know Better
243 Posts
Yeah, I picked up US Airborne Divisions in the MTO (Battle Orders). The only other ones at my store were Aviation-related, but as PD said, it's worth going through the whole History/Military section.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More added in my area, 25 March

The British Expeditionary Force 1914-15 (Battle Orders)

No. 10 (Inter-Allied) Commando 1942-45 (Elite)

Japanese Army in World War II - The South Pacific and New Guinea, 1942-43 (Battle Orders)

Britain's Secret War - The Indonesian Confrontation 1962-66 (Men-at-Arms)

US Marine in Iraq: Operation Iraqi Freedom, 2003 (Warrior)

HMMWV Humvee 1980-2005 US Army tactical vehicle (New Vanguard)

US Navy SEALs (Elite)

Viet Cong and NVA Tunnels and Fortifications of the Vietnam War (Fortress)

The US Marine Corps in the Vietnam War - III Marine Amphibious Force 1965-75 (Battle Orders)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts