One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I had my SS Shaun of the Dead figures arrive today, and naturally I'm turning them into Tim and Mike from spaced.

So I'm looking for any help on finding sunglasses that look like this:

Essentially gold or brass frames, with a yellow "shooting glasses" shade of yellow.

I'll probably use static flock for the moustache and then paint it. I just need to figure out what kind of TA badge he's got on his beret.

Any help would be really appreciated!

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DML Jose PJ/AFSOC has a similar one, gold frames, but green/mint lenses, maybe it can be customized to yellow, not sure if any manufacturers made one with yellow lens.

Found this at MonkeyDepot site.
Thanks Don,

I actually bought a Jose recently with this bash also in mind, but not realising at the time that the lenses I need are yellow. I thought of cutting them out and then trying to replace them with some kind of transparency I can change to yellow, but I figure I'll see if there's a yellow set out there in a kit first.

·
Registered
649 Posts
"I've always fancied myself a bit of a soldier."
"I've always fancied myself."
"I've always fancied you."
"NOT HERE!"

I'm thinking BBI Leon (French Foreign Legion) came with a suitable analog, but I can't seem to find a close-up picture of them.

edit -- looking at mine the lenses are a sort of green like DML Jose's, but the frames look right on. You'd be welcome to them, but they're irreparably broken.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just need to figure out what kind of TA badge he's got on his beret.

Any help would be really appreciated!
The badge in that photo deosn't appear to be of any British unit - but I could be wrong. It is similar to the PTI Corps but one look at Mike dispels that :b

If you are a "Spaced" fan you'll know when he wore that beret he was not in the TA due to invading Paris. Later (series 2 onwards) when he's rejoined the TA he wears the capbadge of the Royal Signals.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, you've got to be careful with those Chieftain tanks. I had no idea whether he kept his TA badge or not in the 1st series, though. I won't do a Rough Ramblers outfit, but if someone knows of a source of 1:6 paintball guns...

I should check out BBi Bruno and see if his glasses are the same as Leon's.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, you've got to be careful with those Chieftain tanks. I had no idea whether he kept his TA badge or not in the 1st series, though. I won't do a Rough Ramblers outfit, but if someone knows of a source of 1:6 paintball guns...

I should check out BBi Bruno and see if his glasses are the same as Leon's.
I think his nightclub outfit would go down a storm in 1/6 personally :)

You should see a movie called "The Outpost", it features Tyres as a former Para turned mercenary.

I'm emigrating to Oz, is "Spaced" a big deal there? I thought it was a fairly niche program even here in the UK?

·
Registered
194 Posts
My special edition boxset DVD is travelling with me Down Under :thumb

From the replies here it looks like its humour as appreciated from Texas to Australia. Hope they make a final series.

Editted to add: You might like
of the guy from another series...

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha. That was great. Thanks for the link.

I've seen Spaced, Shaun, Fuzz, Black Books, and need to track down the other things they've done. Run, Fatboy, Run should be easy enough, but I'll have to use the internet to help me get hold of Man Stroke Woman (which I'd only heard of and not seen before that clip), and Danger 50,000 volts.

I found Jose's glasses last night, and despite being green, they have quite a yellowish tinge to them, so I can use them as stand-ins in the meantime. I'm working on getting a 1/6 felt beret that will fit his Melon head as well.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With help from one of the Spaced forums, I've found a pic of the beret badge that Mike wears for most of the series.

Any ideas what this one is, or where we could find a clear image of it?

·
Read Only
219 Posts
Spaced

HAHAHA! Nick Frost and Simon Pegg Rule! I was thinking it would be cool to have made Hot Fuzz customs, but I have gt the exclusives so no way am Idoing that.:p

You should see a movie called "The Outpost", it features Tyres as a former Para turned mercenary.
I saw that movie I was sitting the trying to pin where I had seen him be fore then I though HOLY S*** Its Tyres! Just alot less nutty.

After you have done Tim and Mike you need to to Marsha and Daisy.

HL2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts