One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After seeing some of the fantastic S:AAB customs on here,I thougth I`d have a crack at it.

As title say`s this is WIP & I`ll keep adding to this thread with each development.

First off to those who are S:AAB fans,there`s a lot of fandom on the net & various fan Squadrons.

Well for my first bit of S:AAB customry,I`ve opted for a Fan Sqdrn.

May I present Cold weather jacket of the 57th Crusader "Raining Fire" Squadron.

The only thing I`m planning on adding is RAF pilot wings & maybe an RAF officers cap.
After all in the episode "Pearly",we meet an Officer of HM Forces & he say`s "God save the King"

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Nice start PJ. I really liked the series at the time, thought it pretty edgy for its time. Look forward to seeing your S:AAB RAF pilot. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after my little search on S:AAB customs,I knew there were a few fans here.

I`m just sorting out printing more insignia for flightsuits of various units for the flightsuits & flags.
Hopefully have more to add in the next day or two.

I do however have a question.
I`m working on doing a few weapons from the show.
Thing is & never really saw in the show (due to short life & bad slotting of the programme to get it cancelled).
Anyway if the EARTH FORCE are one,yet each Nation still fields it`s own force. Do they use a Earth Force general issue weapon or field their own National Weapon?
I ask as I`m thinking of doing a rifle & pistol for the 57th custom that will differ & work moreso with the 57th UK/Euro feel.

So please S:AAB fans, I`d love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well here`s an update on this project.
As said plan on doing several though first one is this 57th Crusader figure.

Updated jacket front

Flightsuit

Again patches inc RAF wings & RAF rank are printed on cloth.
Still need to make a Pilot helmet & flight armour. Also get a RAF officers cloth cap too,then this one is done.

Thank`s & look forward to input.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Loved this show and did customs of the chig and marine as well. This looks super cool! Can't wait to see the finished figure!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank`s all,mucho appreciated.

Mgbb,I use an Epson Stylus DX4050 & the paper is called Adhesive cotton inkjet fabric that i got from an online dealer (if memory serves it was on OSW I heard about it).
Hope that helps.

jimmiroquai,
Thank`s mate & I`m well aware of your S:AAB Marine & Chig.Have them saved on the pc & plan on also having a go at the Chig`s (maybe 1 or possibly 3 of them).
Have some fantastic ref material on them,so do plan on using them.

I also have something else in the works,though you`ll have to wait & afraid it`s not a 1/6th SA-43 Hammerhead (I wish though).
Your`s & few other S:AAB customs where semi the reason I am doing my own.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well here`s what I`ve been working on with this project.

First off is the Ground armour.

The armour is made from 2 sets of 21st Black SWAT vests,remodelled & stitched. Think this has captured it very well.

Next we have the M590 Rifle,need to do a little more (add the flip up screen & then tidy it). Getting that fore arm bracket/stock to the work & still look like the TV show version,was a bugger,though I think it works & looks well

Both sides & an underside to show the stock/bracket are pictured.

I think I`m pretty happy with the way the rifle turned out & getting it to look like the series one,inc that stock was a must & as said hard to do initially. The foreward handgrip as seen is from a M4 RIS. Looks the part from side profiles. The rest is plasticard built around a Action Man P90 (yep the oversized,chunky gun has a use,when heavily sanded down).

Well I hope you like this update of the two new items for the S:AAB customs.

Hopefully helmets will be coming soon,as too some more flightsuits. With a major piece (No not an actual 1/6th SA-43 Hamerhead,though would be nice) to show soon too.

As always comments appreciated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have redid the photos of the Field armour & also the M590 rifle I`ve scratch built.

The M590 is made from plastic & Plasticard & a little sculpting clay,just needs painting now.

The old Palitoy AM suit was just an old thing kicking around,so added some S:AAB patches to it. Will add stitched effect slant pockets jsut to give a better image of a flightsuit.
The ground Bodyarmour is made from 2 21st SWAT vests,stitched together then altered & then shoulder pieces added. With a printed on cloth USMC patch to finish it off.

Still working on the flight helmet at present & a few other bits ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts