One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
An interesting private photo album of a Soviet advisor who served in Angola in the 80s

xavier

·
Registered
546 Posts
Nice find, basx - particularly since I picked up one of those purplish 'lizard' uniforms late last year. Thanks for the link!

·
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Filupe:
You're welcome :) Where did you buy the purplely tigerstripes?

xavier

·
Registered
546 Posts
xavier,

They came from a local surplus/camping store, still in the wrapper and marked as 'French cams' even though the wrapper had 'size' written in Portuguese(!). After I got 'em I positively ID'd them as 'Cuban' from various camo websites and other references.

Cheers

·
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Filupe:
Thannks. My mistake I thought you had bought a 1/6 sized uniform not the real thing:p
That's a really cool find!

xavier

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great find, Xavier.
The only picture of Soviet advisors I knew until now was published in a book about the SADF 32 Bn (don't recall which one right now).

I also got a set of this camo uniform (cap, shirt and trousers) that comes from a South African vet. The tags says they were made in Cuba.
Other items that came with it were a Portuguese web belt fitted with a Cuban (Soviet-style) brass plate and a Russian waterbottle with a custom cover made in the same camo.

Eric

·
Registered
25 Posts
fantastic album Gr8 stuff.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From my collection, Angolan cammo shirt. The same as worn by the Soviet Advisors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts