One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't you just want to scream when you take that weapon ......in this case the HT M14 SOCOM II ........out of the box ........and as you're looking it over and drooling, and you're pinching and tweaking and the damn barrel SNAPS off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, stay tuned for the surgery results as she is now in INTENSIVE CARE.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Aw man, that does suck. And I have 1 coming in the mail. So much for high hopes. I wonder if sometimes the plastic mix is just off making it more brittle than it should be.

On the plus side I don't think this is common to all the HT M14 types. I already purchased multipes of both of the previous M14's HT did loose and had great no issues with them - either the green (moder) or the brown (Vietnam). Let's hope this is isolated and that HT addresses this.

Good luck with the ICU Butch!

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Wonder why it's fragile, I've dropped my M40 almost a dozen times and it's luckily still ticking.
At least in your capable gorilla hands I have no doubt she'll come out better than before. :)

·
Hiding behind the net.
271 Posts
Mine's ok but my Dragunov's scope cover broke off , had to glue it back.
I left my Series 2 M14 at my other place (i'm moving) for a few months, went there on friday and meddled with it and one of the bipod's ... pod broke off.

Sigh. My favourite weapon. Thank goodness i bought an extra. Maybe i could do some new paintjob on it since it's spoilt.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
dude, that sucks. That's why I stopped buying FG 42s, and only sell insignia, because insignia doesn't break as easily.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I hear you,

I had that happen to a few DML and BBI weapons. The barrel snapped on my Anton Wessel weapon (MP42!?) and lost the bayonet fixing points off several rifles. These days I only take the rifle or machine gun out of the box if I 100% intend on using it.

That doesn't compare to the lunacy of some of the old Kaiyodo vinyl kits though. They went to the trouble of making a beautiful plastic gun, only for you to have to cut the butt off it to fit it to the hand which had the butt moulded into it! I cheated on the Stormtrooper and cut the butt out of the hand, but then you could hide accidents with the black bits of the glove, you couldn't do that with Han.

CHEERS!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.