One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year guys!! Man, been soooooo long since I have posted anything! It was a crazy year for me and I hope 2017 allows me a little more time for the hobby I love sooo much!

Here is a figure I have been working on and off for a way to long and I think he is now destined for the bookshelf!! I am by no means a Viet nam expert and this is my first Viet nam figure I have done, I think?? :):) Anyways, he is just a 101st grunt somewhere in the nam! Any criticisms good and bad are greatly appreciated as thats the only way we can improve! Thanks for looking guys and all the best to you all in 2017!

Jay

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Great trooper, Jay. Nice basing, dynamic posing, lay of the materials, and that intense face.

·
WWII Guy
1,418 Posts
Jay

Man do I love this one! The pose is fantastic, weathering looks great especially the boots! A really nice addition to the "shelf".

Cya
Hankster

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
WOW bro!! awesome work!! there is a real sense of motion. fantastic Jay!!

namaste
Miguel

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
533 Posts
Great work and how you captured movement. I might suggest the use of a lightweight rucksack, instead of arvn and putting a rope on the carabiners. All of that is time frame dependent to an extent and your personal preference, does not detract from current figure.

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Fantastic figure, Jay. The pose, weathering, the choice of the head sculpt, and details such as blood vessel on arm are all top notch.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Excellent figure!! Love the pose and expression.

Why not enter it into the contest?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words and the feedback guys!! Spitfire, I posted a WIP of this figure before Dec. 26th, so no contest for me! :)

Jay

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Jay, excellent work- great pose and execution of the concept. You froze that second in time well with him. Love the weathering and the details that go into this vignette. Wonderful work all the way around........Jim

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Beautiful presentation and very dynamic.
Criticism:
-Add name tapes (U.S. Army and NAME) to the uniform
-Blouse the boots instead of tucking them into the boots (Guide). Tucking them into the boots is uncomfortable to walk with - blousing was standard for Airborne troops.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
The boots in Jay's work can pass for a blouse going by this video i found. Am i wrong to assume Jay doesn't have to bother with this 'blouse'?
essentially youre still tucking the pants..judging from this video.
How to Blouse Your Boots - YouTube

namaste
Miguel

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
The boots in Jay's work can pass for a blouse going by this video i found. Am i wrong to assume Jay doesn't have to bother with this 'blouse'?
essentially youre still tucking the pants..judging from this video.
How to Blouse Your Boots - YouTube

namaste
Miguel
Maybe they did it differently back then? We always had these elastic bands called blousing straps that we wrapped around the pants legs and boots. The idea was to get the pants legs to the right height (certain number of eyelets from the top) and wrap the bad around it so that it was nice and tight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts