One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
If it all goes according to schedule,there will be a TOTS RTO out in the next year or so from Toy Soldier,but don't hold me to that.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Well, I have seen a lot of guys post figures using radios which comes close to what you are asking. Most hobbyist have build their figures using theh USAF CCT guys using the LST-5C SATCOM radio and a few I have seen using a AN/PRC-126. I have not seen any using the SINCGARS (Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System) i.e., the RT-1523 series which was made by BBi. The AN/PRC-113 made by HT (their USAF TACS Figure) is a rare item or hard to find but can be done. However, a modern RTO would be interesting. The question is what is a RTO be using for comms and who are they talking to? The nature of communication on the battlefield has change over the last few years with radios getting smaller, lighter, more powerful, and more available.

Most Squad, Team and to base inter communication is support by AN/PRC-148, AN/PRC-126, and lately the ICOM F3 radios (one to two miles) The SINCGARS can be used for Platoon and higher. LST-5C is available also. The AN/PRC-113 is used for CAS and comms to higher. So, in some ways a lot of guys have done Modern RTOs. I have several figures as RTOs. Perhaps I will provide a post of RTOs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.