One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings ALL!!

I've said in a couple of posts, I've come back to 1/6th off and after a long separation.
In the last 15 years the level of detail and quantity of purchase ready items have been nothing short of amazing compared to what we all played with as kids, And we thought back in the 60's and seventies it was amazing.

Also stated and posted (once or twice) I am scratch, bashing try my best to bring more to life things I have done in civilian, military and federal civil service. The medical is getting easier to purchase. Modern maritime, merchant marine and seagoing military is harder. Finding anything in those areas for realistic female portrayal: your gonna do a lot of scratch. For example, I'm working on creating a set of service dress blues and work khakis for my current employment.
A hard hat is easy to set up. A woman's 90's, 2K-2010 merchant marine / navy / Military Sealift Command service dress cover? Ha! Start with a Phicen honor guard dress cap, a GI Joe PT boat commander some white and black cloth. 20210507_122155.jpg 20210507_122659.jpg 20210507_123551.jpg The jacket is the stripped DID Uboat unfortunately it has lower pockets R/L so a replacement jacket has been found just need to be resized. A personal head sculpt from myfaceonafigure has been ordered

Also in the mix
my time at the USAF Survival school (1980's) 20210507_134653.jpg This next pick just for fun: 20210507_134613.jpg closer to what I carried to go see students in the field. the above pic was working the Tech School for instructors (technical rock rescue). comments/ suggestions for a novice welcome. Take care, stay safe and have fun.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
welcome back, i wouldn't have used my face on a figure because i've not heard great things about those types of services, but idk. honestly i don't think i can suggest much aside from using the usual mix of stores like Monkey Depot, Rattlesnake toys, Toy anxiety etc, and be sure to keep us informed on your custom creations. who knows, some here may even buy if you're compelled to make extra uni's in female sizes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(Hat in hand)Thank you. I've read a lot of the comments on their head sculpt work. Right now any approximation is better than none (if they can get the facial features close enough); that's a win at this point for the price. As to the suggestion on the uniforms: its a thought taken under advisement. I plan to retire in 2-3 years and would then have the time for something like that. my life is 1.5 months home and 4-8 forward (Covid has made crew swaps hell). If I do I would probably start by doing something like having people supply the bulk of the items and negotiate labor like a standard tailor does. It's a thought. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts