One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas I hit up my mother in-laws backyard again today (Tuesday 2-26) this time I brought a few Nam SEALs for some backyard action. Nothing fancy or accurate here...just some plain old fun.

I broke out some old 21C bashes that needed to see some daylight!

I remember buying him from TRU back in the day. M-60 Gunner

with all the rain SOCAL has been getting, the clovers are coming in rapidly. I like it!

Found the GI Joe nurses in an old bin, thought they should see some action as well.

It's always fun to get back to the oldies every now and then. 21C played a HUGE part in me getting really into this hobby. The Nam tiger stripes were always some of my favorite uni's to shoot. One Shot out!

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts
Ahh, so lucky man, my favorite Nam stuff has got to be TUS. Looks like you had an awesome time hangin out in the back yard and you figures are awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts
Great pics! I like the one best: http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/georged_01/OSW submissions/IMG_2459.jpg

Yeah, it's really a pity that 21C is not releasing stuff like they did in the past. I still use 21C items (whatever little that I have) quite heavily. There is an element of fun infused into it that seems to be lacking in the later brands like TS, ACE and HT. Dunno if you know what I mean. :lol

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fun is right

Great pics! I like the one best: http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/georged_01/OSW submissions/IMG_2459.jpg

Yeah, it's really a pity that 21C is not releasing stuff like they did in the past. I still use 21C items (whatever little that I have) quite heavily. There is an element of fun infused into it that seems to be lacking in the later brands like TS, ACE and HT. Dunno if you know what I mean. :lol
your so right. If only 21C decided to get back into making uniforms only for the 12 inch world. The direction they were heading with the DML and BBI type of "knock offs" for lack of a better word, towards the end of their run was actually some pretty good stuff. At 12.99 - 14.99 the uniform would still have been a hit today. Sure we all have grown to love the accuracy of the new guys like Hot Toys, ACE, VHT and TS....but those prices really make us pick and choose as to how we spend our money. Maybe we can all get LG2 to whisper in their ear again and start this ball rolling.

The element of fun you speak of is why I still have all these figures bashed with 21C items. Their fun to have outside and set up. Are they top quality?...nope. Are they fun? heck yeah!

It would just be nice to be able to search retail stores and pick and choose different uniforms once again. I'm not asking for boxed figures at 29.99 again...just some bash potential waiting for us on the pegs. you with me?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Flashback to the begining of running from store to store trying to grabbing as many different figures. Boy,I put alot of mileage on my truck chasing down boxed & card sets.That was the good old days to a great hobby that I enjoy today!!! Cool pic's of the oldies!!!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Great stuff, Lot of my figs are 21c. I still have a lot of the tiger stripe uniforms and black 21c bdu's. 21c made some great stuff.
And the new weapons prove they still can. When I talked to the sale rep last Nov. he said that most of the 1/6th guys that worked for 21c were gone and not to many people there had any interest in getting back into making figures our scale. It's a shame.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts