One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I have searched here and googled my fingers off trying to find an LCI/LCII gear load-out for a Ranger M249 Gunner from the early '90s. I am working on upgrading my Gothic Serpent troopers and I am looking for detail info on the SAW gunner.

I am specifically trying to determine what type of ammunition pouches he would carry (if any), assuming he would not carry ammo pouches for M16A2 magazines. Looking for anything they might have apart from what a standard rifleman would carry.

Also, did they carry a sidearm?

Many thanks in advance.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
A few years back ACE released the Navy SEAL rifleman exclusive that had some 60/SAW pouches with them.They were like the dragon ones,only better.I used them on my 60 gunner and SAW gunner from Somalia.I have pics in my gallery on the figures,you just have to find them.I posted the 60 gunner,but never the SAW gunner.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I was in during that time frame but in the 82nd and my load out consisted of Y suspenders, web belt, 2 1 quart canteens w/covers and cups, buttpack, M-9 bayonet w/scabbard, compass pouch on suspenders and medical pouch also on suspenders, and last but not least two SAW pouches for FTX. When we thought we were going to Haiti in 1994 I had four SAW pouches on my web belt and it was cramped.

I was issued an M9 Beretta when I carried the "Pig" aka M-60 later on since the ammo weighed more and you couldn't carry as much at once.

Try the website:

www.tfrogs.com for better info on the Rangers of that era

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in during that time frame but in the 82nd and my load out consisted of Y suspenders, web belt, 2 1 quart canteens w/covers and cups, buttpack, M-9 bayonet w/scabbard, compass pouch on suspenders and medical pouch also on suspenders, and last but not least two SAW pouches for FTX. When we thought we were going to Haiti in 1994 I had four SAW pouches on my web belt and it was cramped.

I was issued an M9 Beretta when I carried the "Pig" aka M-60 later on since the ammo weighed more and you couldn't carry as much at once.

Try the website:

www.tfrogs.com for better info on the Rangers of that era
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but thanks for the info and the link.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I would suggest the pouches from the Hot Toys USMC Fallujah SAW gunner - they are meant to be the SAW pouches pictured above by blake 13, except that HT put MOLLE straps on the back instead of the ALICE clips.

Here's a picture( I think originally from the website linked earlier by saw249man...):

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
DML sold SAWGUNNER " Lucas " few years back...All he is equip with M 16 pouches canteen bayonet Gmask and of course belt, suspenders. I have 2 of it..but I do not recall if he was armed with a pistol. I think he is...just bought him for parts. Blake 13 has d photo of the pouch that u can attached to the belt. DML Produce TERRY a seal gunner wearing jeans, and the nice rayban shooter glasses with a STONER MG..looks like a SAW but not.( pls correct me if I am wrong) uses same ammo box. Here it is he has a green vest with 2 big pouches u attach by velcro. Having the HK 23 pistol does not look like he fought in early 90s conflict. I have 2 vests loose if u r interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts