One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Well, from what I recall, Twisting Toyz came out with their set about the same time as Dragon, a few years ago. From the looks of it, Soldier Story's set is made of wood and metal - something Twisting Toyz' set wasn't made of, therefore exonerating SS from copying Twisting Toy's set (hey, they don't have intellectual property on the stick grenade and case - that's open pickins for the 1:6 scale industry). Now as to why SS made this set when the market is pretty much mature on it is anyone's guess. They made the Panzerschreck a few months ago (also made of metal), and I can guarantee that the masses didn't line up to buy that one either. Don't get me wrong, there will be those who are ultra-authentic in their collecting and will pay a pretty penny (which I have a strong feeling these will be) to have something as close to the real deal as possible. Me, I still have my crates of stick grenades left from the first wave of releases years ago - I'm content.

Just my two cents - going back into my hole.

Greg

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
WOOO! Mtal and wood grenades that aren't oddly shaped, like DiD's

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I really must echo EKLYPS posting. I have tons of DML and TT cases and grenades. Yes, these new ones are really authentic but my plastic warriors must fight on with their plastic grenades. Just my two cents worth. Maybe I'm just to happy with the "old" stuff as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts