One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this up today at EBT.I was going to go with loose stuff,but even at the one guy here on the board who is selling it loose right now,just the stuff I wanted was 60 dollars,so it made sense to buy complete and then sell what I didn't want.
This is my first Soldier's Story product...and I am not that thrilled by it.Now it's known that I am a ToySoldier *****,no doubt.But for my likeing,there is too much not to my liking in this set.But I'll get into that.

Body/sculpt.I like the sculpt on this G3 looking body.I haven't figured out the sculpt,but it can be used on a variety of different branches.The look is intimidating,but not scary.

BDU-BIG!!!ACE big!!.This BDU is way baggy.Which given the desert is kinda appropriate I guess.Ther are some velcro patches too,D1-D5,Calico Jack,BOFICA,FUBAR,2 tan flags,EOD and OPOS.The OD padded belt is nice too.I like this alot.

Boots-Very nice.The stitching,laces shape..all are very good.The only thing is the glue residue on the sole,but I have yet to see a company that isn't guilty of that.

Vest-The CIRAS is nice,durable and slightly big.I guess I must be used to the TS version.I like that fact that you can get more than just the triple mag on the front panel.The only thing is that it doesn't come with armor plates.I don't remember if the pre-pics had them or not.

Pouches-DAYAM!!!There are a buttload of pouches.
triple mag X1 double mag X1
single mag X1 double pistol mag X1
single pistol mag X1 grenade X2
admin X1 radio X1
hydration X1 M60 X1
general purpose X1 dump pouch X1
Drop down EOD pouch-It has all the little sleeves and stuff for the bits no one has made yet.

And all of them have fabric straps,which took me about 1.5 hours to put together.They are thick and fat.which makes it a bit difficult.

Weapons-The M4 is SWEET!!!!!My favorite feature..the functional rails.You have to slide the gripod and ACOG onto the rail.And you have to snap the rails onto the heatshield.I just wish it had the scope in the preview instead of another ACOG,but oh well.The M9 is..well really silvery.TheM4 strap is the ribbon type that actually has a functional clip,nice detail.

Helmet-Looks strange.Maybe it's the lack of NVG mounts.It also looks like it fits kinda big.It's just so...tan.

Radio-M140 and Tash,and an additional PRC handset

Accessories-Standard accessories here,nothing really ground breaking.Medic scissors,chemsticks,apple grenades,2 carribeaners and a SOG knife.And 2 pistol mags for 5 slots and the M9 and 4 M4 mags for 12 possible slots.Oh yeah a additional pair of bendy hands and black/green nomex.

I give this a 7 out of ten.Maybe some NVG mount stuff,additional mags to fill the pouches,goggles and "ceramic" plates.But it's a decent release.I'm just a bit picky.

Now the pics.First the M4.It's nice...see.I also couldn't adjust the stock,but didn't force it as I didn't want to break it.

Oakleys.I don;t know if the sole is supposed to bubble out like that in the back.

BDU and vest before kitting up.See it's below the waist.Wouldn't be able to bend very well.

Stuff I didn't use..yet.

Now all kitted up.I got a bit of work to do before I am satisfied.

The padded belt is sectioned too.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
Thanks for the review. Pre-ordered too. Digging it.

Does the M4 still have the moving charging handle, like the CIA SOG dude? That super silver M9 is a gripe of mine too, but it's just a colour thing.

Does the grip pod work, like in the teasers?

·
Senpai
84 Posts
Great Pics, cannot wait for that email from Alexei saying it's here, that and the HT 10th Mountain. Couple questions where can I get a figure stand like that, and did you add the goggles on the helmet?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Thanks for the review!

NOTE: To move the M4 stock, you have to pull out the adjustment lever on the lower side - because the buffer tube actually has 4 stopper holes in it like the real ones.

Too bad they didn't include a NVG mount(Wilcox mount or the diamond type are most appropriate) - I thought they would fix that before the final release of the figure. Not a big problem for those with a well-stocked spares box, but they really should have included one in the box.

I'm not impressed by the inclusion of the ACOG or the M9 either - seems they gave the previewed Accupoint scope and SIG pistol to the CIA night ops figure!

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CDN Rhino-The M4 still has the movable charging handle,and the upper flips upp too.And the Gripod is functional as well.

New2Kendo-I added the goggles.And the stand is an BBI Elite force stand.I am not too sure where you can still get them.

Juntin G-Thanks for the pointer on the stock.I treid it and it's exactly like the 1/1.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Echobase toys,NH264

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.