One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MUST STOP SPENDING ON 1/6
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CLICK HERE FOR UPDATE AT POST NUMBER 20 : UPDATES HERE

MK13
The paint is well done! Very pretty looking! Rails are smooth as well.

The butt stock can be extended out to 3 positions, they are marked by the 3 holes on the rail. Refer to the picture below. The top rail section, middle area.

This is the mechanism to allow the MK13 to swivel. I am not too pleased with the angle of swivel the grenade launcher can achieve, but oh well, its still something.

Well, i have to say that if SS was nice, they could have made alot of collectors happy with the MK13.

Let me explain. All it takes is 2 small chunks of plastic to enable the grenade launcher (ELGM) module to fit onto both the SCAR L (mk16) and SCAR H (Mk17).

I was investigating the Mk13, which is basically a stand alone version of the ELGM. I tired pulling the ELGM off the standalone rails with brute force. yes yes, i was going to sacrifice my MK13 for the greater good and in the name of 1/6 science. Every time i pulled on the ELGM, i could see that it would move. There was something i was missing, a catch, button or clip holding it in place onto the standalone rail. Then i thought, what if it is a retaining pin, so there i was poking every part of the mk13, until i hit pay dirt.

The silver dot near the trigger, it totally blended in. And yes it is the metal retaining pin holding everything together. Push it out and everything unravels.

As you can see the ELGM is made up of 2 portions, the main launcher module and the trigger group.

The main launcher has in built rails lips.... OH YOU KNOW WHATS COMING DONT YOU.

The ELGM fits on the SCAR L AND SCAR H

The problem is, you are unable to attach the trigger group, as the magazine is in the way, you will need a separate trigger group for the MK16 and Mk17 respectively.

The bottom 2 pieces in the following picture are the parts i am talking about. Excuse the airsoft pictures. I think they are the only ones i found

If only SS had so kindly provided these 2 small pieces, it would have made me and i am sure alot of us much happier. But of course it isnt business wise to do so. Make a set with a compatible ELGM and BOOM collect more money.Sadly thats the case.

Anyway, the MK13 ELGM is VERY WELL MADE. The plastic is sturdy and the paint is top notch. There is even a locking mechanism that will lock the 40mm grenade launcher black tube in place. To "unlock" it you have to push the tan grip forward.

Also note that the barrel rotates as it is extended. Adding to the wow factor as i thought it would be a simple extend and collapse.

I am overall, rather pleased with the mk13 and the reason i got it was just to see if i could fit it on to the SCAR L and H MK16/17 platform, which i think is a success.

The very fact that the ELGM module is a perfect fit onto the SCAR platform shows that the 1/6 SS weapon designers had the intention of using the ELGM as a "universal" hot swappable part, so in the future they would have the ability to issue it as an under slung version with just the replacement of a single part.

I have to say that it is very much a pity that the separate trigger groups that enable full compatibility with the SCAR platform are not included in this release. Although i feel that SS did not intend for us to disassemble the mk13 and attempt to fit it on the SCAR platform. It can be diassembled becuase it was made that way as part of the SCAR family masterplan. If they did include the trigger groups, it would be the topping to what i think is already a great release !

SS missed the opportunity to really stand out and shine. Imagine if for the release of the PJ C version, they came out and said, look here is an mk13 standalone, and see, you can do this and this and then stick it onto your SCAR rifle. MAN ! That would have made the mk13 a star piece, instead of the JPC vest in the PJ C release.

The best scenario now is that SS will release the underslung version along with a SCAR L or H in a weapon box set like the m4 m203. I think that will fit in extremely well. If you remember the m4 m203 wepon box set, pictures were given to show how the weapon set could be used to "bolster" the look of the just released SS army in afganistan figure. They could do that here as well. But not if Easy & Simple does it first :p

But OH WELL ... So near yet so far... Soldier Story gave me the 1/6 equivalent of blue balls.

·
Procastinatus Excelentus
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Soldier Story Mk 13 ELGM A Study Of Compatibility

Nice study actually....Btw, PJ type C is already available in SG?

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have the ACE FN GL from one of the SEAL teams.

http://www.monkeydepot.com/Rifle_ACE_SCAR_Light_w_Grenade_Launcher_p/acl0144-xf091.htm

Luckly, the trigger module comes separately from the launcher, which isn't that good to begin with.

Will check it out when my launcher arrives, well... when i purchase mine, down the road.
Yes ! that is part of the trigger group we need to make the underslung happen. i am not sure if you guys have seen this, SS previewed their SCAR family and thy have the blue prints to machine a scar L or H with ELGM as well. So now its a waiting game...

Nice study actually....Btw, PJ type C is already available in SG?
Hi nope, Utoys will probably bring it in after CNY.

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well , I think they might , they might do it as a part of a underslung, reissuing the entire launcher with an mk16 scar l with medium length barrel . But I do hope they do it as a weapon set like the m4m203

·
BANNED
1,049 Posts

Yes ! that is part of the trigger group we need to make the underslung happen. i am not sure if you guys have seen this, SS previewed their SCAR family and thy have the blue prints to machine a scar L or H with ELGM as well. So now its a waiting game...

Hi nope, Utoys will probably bring it in after CNY.
By the time SS gets around producing the parts, the SCAR will be out of fashion. If it isn't already...

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Anyway, the MK13 ELGM is VERY WELL MADE. The plastic is sturdy and the paint is top notch. There is even a locking mechanism that will lock the 40mm grenade launcher black tube in place. To "unlock" it you have to push the tan grip forward.

Also note that the barrel rotates as it is extended. Adding to the wow factor as i thought it would be a simple extend and collapse.

I am overall, rather pleased with the mk13 and the reason i got it was just to see if i could fit it on to the SCAR L and H MK16/17 platform, which i think is a success.

The very fact that the ELGM module is a perfect fit onto the SCAR platform shows that the 1/6 SS weapon designers had the intention of using the ELGM as a "universal" hot swappable part, so in the future they would have the ability to issue it as an under slung version with just the replacement of a single part.

I have to say that it is very much a pity that the separate trigger groups that enable full compatibility with the SCAR platform are not included in this release. Although i feel that SS did not intend for us to disassemble the mk13 and attempting to fit it on the SCAR platform. It can be diassembled becuase it was made that way as part of the SCAR family masterplan. If they did include the trigger groups, it would be the topping to what i think is already a great release !

The best scenario now is that SS will release the underslung version along with a SCAR L or H in a weapon box set like the m4 m203. I think that will fit in extremely well. If you remember the m4 m203 wepon box set, pictures were given to show how the weapon set could be used to "bolster" the look of the just released SS army in afganistan figure. They could do that here as well. But not if Easy & Simple does it first :p

·
Registered
343 Posts

As an aside, looking at your disassembled EGLM, I was thinking that with a few cosmetic tweaks, you'd have the GL1 for the F2000 (which the EGLM is based on).

F2000+GL1 weapon set, please? :drool

Edit: Ok, I know the odds aren't good. One can only hope, right?

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

As an aside, looking at your disassembled EGLM, I was thinking that with a few cosmetic tweaks, you'd have the GL1 for the F2000 (which the EGLM is based on).

F2000+GL1 weapon set, please? :drool

Edit: Ok, I know the odds aren't good. One can only hope, right?
now that you mention it, yes it looks exactly like the underslung f2000 launcher. All we need is an f2000 with rail ! Our best bet would be E&S , seeing as how they specialize themselves making weapon sets.

·
Registered
578 Posts

Just don't know why, I have certain bad feeling that SS is going to put trigger group parts into exclusive ver this year......

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts

I was very impressed by the legwork on this.
There's some 3D printer guys on OSW. Perhaps one of them would be willing to tackle this project?

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts

Hi Sam, any news on when this may get to the market?

I mean the Rifle/Grenade Launcher systems

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Hi Sam, any news on when this may get to the market?

I mean the Rifle/Grenade Launcher systems
Hmmm... based on the AOR1 SCARs they might be releasing some more Seal/Devgrus?
I have no idea, i am hoping they will get released soon, the SCAR Mk16L /Mk17 H with ELGM one of my dream guns haha. Looks totally badass. I do hope they will be released in the default color scheme, ( tan , yellow whatever you call it ) But heck, ill take them even if they were done in AOR 1.

Have no idea if Soldier Story will even release them, since they teased the Air crew 2.0 in ACU ( next probable release) and 2 germans. So im not sure if they will make more Devgrus. Bear in mind Soldier story teases alot of weapons , but have not made them, we have seen this in their M4/m16 family and the LMG family.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts

I have no idea, i am hoping they will get released soon, the SCAR Mk16L /Mk17 H with ELGM one of my dream guns haha. Looks totally badass. I do hope they will be released in the default color scheme, ( tan , yellow whatever you call it ) But heck, ill take them even if they were done in AOR 1.

Have no idea if Soldier Story will even release them, since they teased the Air crew 2.0 in ACU ( next probable release) and 2 germans. So im not sure if they will make more Devgrus. Bear in mind Soldier story teases alot of weapons , but have not made them, we have seen this in their M4/m16 family and the LMG family.
Well, maybe this is the right place to let them know. Guys at Soldier Story, we want some SCARs with ELGM! :gimme

·
Rogue Spear World Champ
557 Posts

They should release the SCAR L & H with the EGLM in default color, the aor1 is just not prevalent, in fact I haven't seen any official pics of it in aor1 more snakeskin paintjobs then aor1 are probably legit.

They should release it with a SF Multicam Delta Crye Helmet figure or on the Marsoc figure. Most likely with the Marsoc figure since there is a pretty famous photos of them with them and ATV's. Also Level Zero Hero guys are spotted with them.

Also when they do release these they should have them released with some Elcan Spectre DR's in Grey & Black & Tan colors. Soldier Story released one way back years ago with the 75th Ranger figure in Orange color pfft garbage. Time to add some new colors and patterns.

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

BOOM !!

3D printed Mk17 EGLM trigger. Designed by delusional. These are NOT for sale at the moment.

Awesome job by delusional !! There are still some bugs to iron out and modifications to settle. But yup, i got tired of waiting for Soldier Story to release one of my dream guns, the " Mk16 / Mk17 with EGLM" . And they teased it at the 2014 MEF expo in china.

Again i have to thank delusional for the splendid and hard work ! The Mk16 EGLM Trigger version is still a work in progress.

I hope soldier story sees this and releases their versions :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts