One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
pathfinder505
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you got the soldier story 88th Chinese in the German gears? Can anyone posts some pics? or review or comment any thing that could help me decide if I want to get one or not.

thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Having acquired a bunch of loose pieces, I can comment on the gear. I'd say that the uniforms are well-done, along with the leggings, belt, bayonet and frog, rifle, and pack. The helmet shows signs of weathering, which might seem out of place given that the uniform is very crisp. The bayonet fits very snugly on the rifle, so if you put it on, be very careful if you later decide to remove it. You might want to use Fabri-Tac or another adhesive on the patches, as they don't adhere very well.

Rank collar patches are already affixed to the uniform and are in plastic, with triangular pips. They're sometimes misaligned, but you can easily rotate them back. You can "promote" your figure to sergeant by running a blue line horizontally through the center of the patch; however, you'll need to find a third party vendor for the identification patch if you want to make your figure a sergeant.

The belt has small metal eyelets; nice touch, but, if you're not careful, they can pop out as you're pushing the belt through the metal clasp.

As for the soft cap, it's a bit on the small side, so if you bash this with a figure like Chow, it won't fit.

Other possible tweaks, if you buy more than one of these - look for the Yellow Sub Mauser broomhandle pistol and the Battlegear 14-cell belt; Chinese troops also used these in the late 1930's.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.