One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
wow, am I the only one but it looks like there are two different versions??

The M249 looks different in both, some pics have it with the plastic drum and others have it with the cloth woodland drum. Will there be 2 versions?

when will it release, I remember about this one months ago, and how much???

man I think we need more pics to decide

·
Registered
268 Posts
WOW! FANTASTIC PHOTO SWEEP OF A UPCOMING FIGURE! The shots hav covered what ever angles an interested buyer like me would ask for. Hope it will eventually be released and "REALLY HOPED" at a price point similar to BBI's OR EVEN SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN IT. This release will DEFINITELY give a run for money than HOT TOYS cos their bodies(all new releases from GIGN line onwards) were going backwards with their moulded feet/boots? All the finishes on the cool gears on this guy looks on par or perhaps surpass that offered by BBI/HT/DML!

·
On the Highway of Life
1,933 Posts
I can't find any info. on "Soldier Story"..who are these guys? But the release does look very cool..... :jump4joy

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Soldier Story made a Chinese 1950s era soldier a while back, PD reviewed it and it seemed to pass with pretty good colours. However, the price point is about a TS set, 65USD ish, maybe a tad more for this one.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64832
If you use the search engine, there were once other soldier story figure prototypes shown, chinese military figures from about that same period, and a female in ACU, but we all know how /well/ BBi's /effort/ was recieved.

I like it, and since I didn't buy BBi Lucas or TS SF ACU this could be a good purchase, at least for the SAW and loose bits. I can reason why they didn't make the knee/elbow pads and pouches in Arpat to break up the colouring, but I wish they had. Tis ok though, since TS makes plenty of both.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
I already bashed my own, but this one looks really awesome. I may have to get him also! :wideyes

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,941 Posts
Every body and thier dog is in on this. Add one more.

If this fig comes with ALL that gear this will be an awesome figure to buy. Even just for the parts. Huge amount of parts, and all new gear too. Nice presentation with all the pics. :devilhnd

The SAW is the big hit, still jonesin' for that. :ar15

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Not much here for me. More cloth OD flight gloves are good, but I want a dozen of those TAG Heuer watches!

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,006 Posts
Hi all:
Yup I might buy this figure depending on the price. Question about the scope is that a new variant of the ELCAN?

·
pathfinder505
410 Posts
I'm not really into modern stuff, but this figure is sure pumping me up to get him. Great figure and I will be allocating part of my salary for this figure for sure.
When is he schdule to be release anyway?

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
90 USD? Sounds like a loose parts buy for me then, unfortunately. :cry

Definately picking up one of those Para SAWs and a few sets of those ACU and MICHs!

·
Humvee Madman
1,401 Posts
Even at $90 I just might get this guy as I'd have to spend more to buy the pieces seperately. This post would have been perfect if Soldier Story would have added price and due date at the top of the post! Still it's good to see more modern figures being brought out. Good on you Soldier Story.

Dan

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Folks,like to add further to Dogbelly's intel...just found out from a friend that this figure is indeed retailing at around US$90,expected to reach local shores around Mid-June,this is really roughly same price range as HT and TS figure boxed sets available in Singapore retail shops. An WoW! That's a really "STEEP" price point for a boxed set figure for a relatively new manufacturer whom attempts to be in the league of HT/TS/ACE? (in $ terms of course) :lol

Well,IMHO,i do hope this fig's final product quality indeed lives up to the expectations of those of us whom do finally gets hold of it...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Guys, just got back from Asia and I had the pleasure of seeing this figure in person. The $90 is a bit steep, but well worth it in my opinion. The gun has a few metal pieces with lots of modular parts that can be used with their female ACU figure that's coming out in a few months. The Jake Gylenhaal headsculpt is quite nice although hidden under the manufacturing paintjob. Their patches are probably some of the better ones I've seen. Their new bendy hands are quite nice also as they hold poses better than DML or Hot Toys' hands. Check your local retailers as they should hit shores in the U.S. near the end of June.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am definitely still in for $90. However, $90 for a figure with a machine gun and we get a plastic ammo belt? Thats sucks! Does any company make a metal 5.56 ammo belt? I don't recall seeing one anywhere. :cry

Hey Customdawg! Does this guy come with under-arm armor for his interceptor vest? I couldn't make out any under those woodland ammo pouches. If he doesn't, I guess I can't complain. He does come with throat, groin and shoulder protection. A pretty damn good offering from an up-and-coming company! Starting out a bit pricey, though.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
90 !!!!!! thats a proper uncool move, you can buy 2 BBi ACU figures for that. Who will honistly buy this now at that price as i know i will not. If the fugure came out when the hype was there with BBI and TS 1st did ACU then i would have bought one.

I have with the combo of buying BBI.TS and DID already have this figure and it was alot less and i had it 6 months ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Bravo_2_Zero! That's a sweet ACU bash, dude! Can you give us a parts breakdown, specifically what uni part came from where? Thanks! :)

41 - 60 of 66 Posts