One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· BBICN ONLINE
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soldier Story 1/6 Iraq Special Operations Forces "ISOF"

NO.SS105#

HEADGEAR
MICH 2000 Helmet (/w skull painted at the back)
ACH Helmet side rail (1 pair)
ACH 4-point chin straps
NVD mounting brackets
PVS14 NVG arm
PVS14 NVG
MS2000 strobe light
Surefire helmet light
Skull face mask
White/black Arab shemagh head scarf

HEADSCULPT¬¬¬
Modern ISOF life live head sculpt

BODY
S2.5 BODY
Bare Hand (1 Pair)
Bare Feet (1 Pair)

UNIFORM
ISOF black tactical shirt
ISOF shoulder rank sleeve (1 pair)
ISOF black T-shirt
ISOF black tactical pants
Inner vest
Rigger belt
Merrell hiking boots (sewing)

TAC GEAR
BAE System RBAV armor vest
Double smoke grenade molle pouch x 2
Triple M4/9mm molle magazine pouch x 3
Utility pouch
Tactical tailor quad M203 40mm pouch
Medic molle pouch
Blackhawk radio molle pouch
Paraclete grenade molle pouch x3
Tactical tailor drop leg dump pouch
Weapon catch
Shot shell holder x 2
Cable tie x 2
EMT Scissors (yellow)
Carabiner
Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T)
Tourniquet rubber band
Light stick (red) x 3
Multi- tools
M67 Hand grenade x 3
Iraq training smoke grenade x 4
Combat knee pad (1 pair)
Key / keyring set
Tactical belt
Safety lanyard
Skeleton glove (sewing / 1 pair)
Suunto watch

WEAPON
M92F 9mm pistol
M92F 9mm magazine x 4
M92F Pistol safety lanyard
Model 6004 Tactical holster
LAR-15 5.56mm self-loading rifle /w 14.5 barrel
5.56mm magazine x 10
KAC rail
M203 grenade launcher (/w metal barrel)
M433 High explosive x 3
M433 training
M-203 front sight
Aimpoint comp M4 red dot sight
PEQ2 laser point
Surfire weapon light
Weapon sling
M1014 Tactical shotgun
Tactical shogun lanyard
Shot shell (red) x 3
Shot shell (grey) x 3

COMMUNICATION
PRC-152 tactical radio
PRC-152 radio antenna
Harris PRC-152 tactical headset (/w PTT switch)

PATCH SET
ISOF embroidered velcro name patch
IRAQ/ISOF embroidered Flag velcro patch (long shape)
IRAQ embroidered flag velcro patch (long shape)
IRAQ embroidered flag velcro patch (standard)
ISOF embroidered CT round velcro patch
ISOF embroidered Gold division patch
ISOF embroidered SF velcro patch x 2
ISOF embroidered wing velcro patch
ISOF embroidered commando school velcro patch
ISOF embroidered unit velcro patch

FIGURE STAND
Exclusive ISOF skull printed figure stand & name plate

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts

Well, there it is, and I am definitely liking this guy. Soldier Story pulls off a bit of a coup!
Usually, black-clad figures garner a number of beefs from the hobbyists, but this is a tough one to refute, and there's plenty of possibilities for sub'ing unis, if so inclined. Looks like a winner.

· 1:6 Acquisitionist
13,360 Posts
I apologize in advance, but please enlighten me.

This figure is supposed to represent an actual native Iraqi Special Forces Operator and not a US "advisor" or operator correct?

· Registered
3,017 Posts
I apologize in advance, but please enlighten me.

This figure is supposed to represent an actual native Iraqi Special Forces Operator and not a US "advisor" or operator correct?
Correct. Loadout is accurate. Interesting tidbit is they are often known to run airsoft accessories on their weapons due to difficulties getting gear into country.

Soldier Story had also previewed the figure with an alternate jacket and pants, so either they intend to do a second figure or scrapped the idea of including them. Can't really see them pulling off a second figure here.

· Registered
3,017 Posts
Pretty decent, what are Soldier Story bodies like these days? The last one I spent any time with was the S2, have they developed anything else since then?

CHEERS!
2.5 which is an evolution of the 2.0. Only issue I see crop up is the occasional loose leg/hip joint area and issues with the paint on the rubberized torso when they choose to airbrush details, tends to end up rubbing off fairly easy. Main change on the body was the rubberized torso on top and addressing the issue with the 2.0 arms breaking off due to issues with the plasticizers used. They also have a variation of the body with different muscle arms but those are for specific figures.

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Correct. Loadout is accurate. Interesting tidbit is they are often known to run airsoft accessories on their weapons due to difficulties getting gear into country.

Soldier Story had also previewed the figure with an alternate jacket and pants, so either they intend to do a second figure or scrapped the idea of including them. Can't really see them pulling off a second figure here.
That airsoft note is pretty sad, I've seen a fair amount of flurry about some airsoft sights being offered as real deal stuff, for instance on Amazon. You'd think some of those disappearing funds would provide decent gear for the troops doing the fighting.

The alternative uniform stuff would be nice, but as tucoakm noted, just releasing this figure in a reasonable period of time would be a plus.

Chip chip chipping away at unique SOF subjects.

· Registered
2,412 Posts
Agree with most fellows here: very well done and scores high on the coolness factor. Special kudos to Soldier Story for an excellently made Middle-Eastern headsculpt.
But at least for me it is just another "black" operator.
Will be seeking out several loose parts: certainly the head and body, helmet w/skull mask and shemagh, pistol w/camo'ed drop holster and molded boots

· Registered
3,017 Posts
That airsoft note is pretty sad, I've seen a fair amount of flurry about some airsoft sights being offered as real deal stuff, for instance on Amazon. You'd think some of those disappearing funds would provide decent gear for the troops doing the fighting.
There is a ton of airsoft product that gets passed off as the real deal in the US. Gun shows are the main vehicle for people selling them into that market. There aren't many red dots that haven't had airsoft replicas, so those turn up often along with just about everything in the magpul catalog. Some of the stuff has ended up the military supply chain in the past. The main market for the chinese manufacturers is selling gear into the middle east, usually it's tactical gear, stocks, grips that sort of thing. If you look at their facebook pages you'll see the odd end user posting on their pages for information. That turns up some rather....colorful profiles.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.