One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Havoc . im trying to detail my hasbro soflam and iam wondering about plug ins , i know you saw "jorg" in the 1/6 discussion but is it accurate? (not trying to critcize his work) Would a keypad or a gps be plugged into it? I thought there was a wire withe a button to activate the laser , maybe you could post pics of what you would plug inot it. also included photo whats all the extra wire for? thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Yes, you are correct. There should only be a wire with a temporary switch on it. The wire is black and the actual button is red. It's used to activate the laser. You don't want to use the button on the unit itself because you would shake it and move the laser. I went a little overboard on that other set up just because it's so nice. Another real world difference is the battery bag. In reality, there is a nylon bag that holds the battery supply for the unit or there is a vehicle battery hookup adapter which is just two aligator clips.
On a historically accurate Afghanistan figure, there would not be a keypad on the PLGR. In fact, you will not see one on any other fig. I don't think that the technology that pad was developed for ever reached the field. These days, nobody uses the PLGR because it's too slow and inaccurate. It's all civilian style Garmins. I am still looking for a Mark 7 Laser rangefinder to be produced. I will try to get some pics of all of these goodies and get them on here to help. Good catch!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
You know what, maybe that pad is accurate. Let me do some checking. If it is accurate, it's just not in mass use or production. I've never used one anyway. I will do some checking with an equipment geek at work.

·
humourless German
330 Posts
Hey, it's just great to have you "real deal" here and help us make our stuff more accurate. I really appreciate it. The solution with the Plugger and keypad was guesstimated by me as I saw the parts lurking in some (now apparently) old/outdated pictures of the SOFLAM. I didn't know about the battery case though. Do you have by any chance pics of the nylon bag? I'd like to build one so I can do the appropriate changes to my set. Thanks.:thumb

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
No problem. I just have to remember to take my camera to work with me.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pic with key pad nd alot of other gizmos...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Hmmmm. Well that's not a SOFLAM. In fact, I'm a bit perplexed as to what that is. Where did you get that pic?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe it is IDF and the unit was only identified as a laser designator , pretty cool looking though !

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Yeah guys that is the Laser designator being used by the Israelis. I have seen that pic on Isayeret.com. The uniform is one of the new camo patterns that some of the Israeli elite is using or trialing. one of the others is a 3 color desert pattern. The only difference over the uniforms is in the cut and style otherwise it is the US camo patterns.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Direct qoute from the pic posted on Isayeret.com for the pic above........
"Operator wearing woodland pattern BDU. Note that you can identify the soldier as Israeli due to several points - IDF red boots, typical helmet cover headgear (Mit'znefet) and the renown Israeli reconnections vest. The operator is using the Azimuth ATLAS system - the IDF SF standard issue long range target acquisition system."

Here is another LD that they seem to use according to the site......

El Op laser Designator

1 - 11 of 11 Posts