One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

Deal with it?

Move on. Accept you'll never be able to find it and own it?

Rant and rave until you find it?

Bemoan how expensive it is and demand someone sells you at cost or at a loss?

Demand the manufacturer make more?

Seriously . . . what are you going to do?

I've witnessed the preceding many times online in forums/groups/social media throughout the years.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Move on. My days of paying scalper prices for figures that won’t look a ten as good as anything new coming out are LONG behind me. (Unless I can get it for next to original, or lower, price. Most of this stuff just isn’t worth the insane prices eBay sellers ask — and a lot of dimwits show they’re willing to pay.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Move on. My days of paying scalper prices for figures that won’t look a ten as good as anything new coming out are LONG behind me. (Unless I can get it for next to original, or lower, price. Most of this stuff just isn’t worth the insane prices eBay sellers ask — and a lot of dimwits show they’re willing to pay.
--

Dimwits confirm the basic principle of capitalism within the 1:6 hobby.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
I stalk the deepest darkest reaches, hunting and sneaking until it is mine. Like a stealthy ninja pirate. And only on very rare occasions do I pay the big bucks. But I do find them, and they are mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sometimes I pay current market value. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to get it at retail (just got HT two face from the dark night at retail and that thing is 4 years old)

Sometimes I got for third party unlicensed (fire toys dark knight joker)

My biggest regret though is missing out on hot toys superman (Christopher Reeve)

Hoping for a 50th anniversary release or a rerelease in the future.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,927 Posts
I move on, but a little sneaky part of me always keeps an eye open. Just for that very rare time it could appear as a bargain rather than inflated prices by the scalpers. Actually just saw a seller in Japan who always has extortionate prices selling Dam Russian Naval Infantry for $500 when it still selling for 250 (which is still high). So yeah, I move on and just hope one day I’ll see it at its retail price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I kinda hurt about stuff like that, but there's really nothing to do about it. So yeah what other choice than to move on.
But I especially can't give two $hits about how other people handle it. That's their issue and none of my business. I mean, so what if they're gonna be whiny about it? If I get all judgmental about others then I'm making it my problem, so no thanks to that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree on not paying above retail or within a 10 to 20 dollar range.

Although new, I regret not getting certain Star Wars characters.

Not paying above retail is good to maintain restraint. I have impulse issues I think. I do dumb things.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
To do repairs, I need a Hammer, but Home Depot sold out very quickly. The small store down the street, that bought a bunch of them from Home Depot, resells hammers, but twice the price. And Home Depot can't get more hammers right now, but there will be a Hammer 2.0 made; might take a year or more though. Imagine if the real world ever tried to run on the same kind of marketplace that, in the 1/6 world, we've come to accept as completely normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To do repairs, I need a Hammer, but Home Depot sold out very quickly. The small store down the street, that bought a bunch of them from Home Depot, resells hammers, but twice the price. And Home Depot can't get more hammers right now, but there will be a Hammer 2.0 made; might take a year or more though. Imagine if the real world ever tried to run on the same kind of marketplace that, in the 1/6 world, we've come to accept as completely normal.
Sadly it does. Look around. Look how many people bought out hand sanitizer and tried to resell it at a 5,000% profit. Look how many people are doing that with firearm ammo now. We call them scalpers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts