One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Now after seeing a bunch of these vietnam movies on the veterens day war movie marathon, I think I've been converted to vietnam era figures, so guys whats the best way to start, and which figures would be best?

thanks
-rob

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Vietnam figures come and go VERY quickly.

They only last a few weeks-- or maybe a month-- at retail before they are GONE.

You can still get a few of the Dragon Nam figures for a good price, but they're pretty crappy to be honest. (Although, you could buy some of TS's 56' gear and replace the crappy plastic Dragon gear and have yourself a pretty decent figure!)

Merc is right, Hot Toys (who did two Nam SEALs) and Toy Soldier (who has done some Nam gear and SF figures) are the best two companies for Nam stuff.

Your best bet at the moment is to keep you eyes peeled for Toy Soldier's next Nam release and start there. Or, if you're a basher, you can pick up some of their loose Nam gear (like the new uniform & boot set and some '56 web gear) and get your own figures going.

Plus, there might be a chance that Dragon will be doing another Nam figure very soon! They seemed to have previewed a shadowy figure that looks Nam era. But, you never know whith Dragon...

·
Registered
180 Posts
well, right now i would keep my eyes peeled, becuase as far as i know there arent alot of figures out now, but i have heard of some comming up, i have a bunch of figures but they are all old DML and TS and HT, but there are 3 figures out now from TS, the Mike Force, Kenn Miller F/58 LRP 101 airborne, andd the navy seal which are nice but a little heavy on the price

·
Registered
180 Posts
GrenadierStinny said:
Vietnam figures come and go VERY quickly.

They only last a few weeks-- or maybe a month-- at retail before they are GONE.

You can still get a few of the Dragon Nam figures for a good price, but they're pretty crappy to be honest. (Although, you could buy some of TS's 56' gear and replace the crappy plastic Dragon gear and have yourself a pretty decent figure!)

Merc is right, Hot Toys (who did two Nam SEALs) and Toy Soldier (who has done some Nam gear and SF figures) are the best two companies for Nam stuff.

Your best bet at the moment is to keep you eyes peeled for Toy Soldier's next Nam release and start there. Or, if you're a basher, you can pick up some of their loose Nam gear (like the new uniform & boot set and some '56 web gear) and get your own figures going.

Plus, there might be a chance that Dragon will be doing another Nam figure very soon! They seemed to have previewed a shadowy figure that looks Nam era. But, you never know whith Dragon...
Damm, you beat me by 3 min lol :eek:wn

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Mobois_1 said:
yeah...but I do like the fact thats a regular infantry man, rather than a SF like all the other companies make.
That's what Dragon was always good for-- even when they were doing modern, too.

They always went with doing Grunts over the SF guys. I used tons of DML gear for years bashing my grunts-- both modern and Nam eras.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GrenadierStinny said:
That's what Dragon was always good for-- even when they were doing modern, too.

They always went with doing Grunts over the SF guys. I used tons of DML gear for years bashing my grunts-- both modern and Nam eras.
yeah, which is why I'll probobly try to get a few dml nam figures, before I get fully exposed to TS and hot toys. (I have plenty of modern TS gear, and I have a HT figure) but I'll probobly just get some leather boots and m-56 gear and add it to a nam grunt.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
My retailer keeps getting the DML Nam Green Beret, but they only ever seem to get one and it's always put away as a special order. Maybe I should see if I can get a piece of the action, that gear and a Neo3 might make a cool bash.

CHEERS!

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Mercenary25 said:
Toy Soldier or HT.
Cant go wrong here.. Especially if you me and like or want to bash the kind of figs were S.O.P has gone out the window. Guys in country, in the bush with two things in mind defeating the enemy and surviving...GS has done some awesome figs along these lines....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blackops4free said:
Cant go wrong here.. Especially if you me and like or want to bash the kind of figs were S.O.P has gone out the window. Guys in country, in the bush with two things in mind defeating the enemy and surviving...GS has done some awesome figs along these lines....
you tk Its good for someone just getting into it?

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Mobois_1 said:
you tk Its good for someone just getting into it?
Well friend... I would say yes.. I wish someone has introduced me to some of the other figures/manufacturers earlier.. Reason being you can compare quality and price. Giving you an apportunity at an informed decision...It is this mans opinion that TS and/or Hot toys would be better.. TS provides almost a complete VN set from Head to toe quality cloth pouches Lace up boots etc... Hot Toys will give you more detail but at a greater price in some cases... You can secure some hot toy pieces here on the bord from time to time but you can Aquire The Complete TS VN set. and be...well Set. Its all there.. You can add to or remove gear as you please...I happen to Like the " In the Bush Look" I go bare min. Just whats need to survive on mine. Treat yourself to a TS duffle bag and baggy friend. its all in there you wont be disapointed...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts