One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been out of the hobby for years so not sure what's out there. back around 2008 or so, there was a company that made some nice hands that were smaller than HT. also thought maybe HT had come out w/ smaller hands for more petite characters like Luke or J Fox
basically i need male, medium to pale hands, smaller than normal HT, but that're compat w/ HT type wrist pegs. any recommendations? thanks!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I think a lot of the hot toys hand sculpts are a bit over sized to begin with. Medicom made some nice hand sculpts way back when that were smaller because their figures were smaller but the wrists are not compatible with hot toy wrist pegs without modding. Not sure about color matches either.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah ht hands are definitely grizzly paws lol. that's why i figured folks around here would know of some smaller ones. the ones i'm talking about from few years ago were nice. fit ht pegs, were about 20% smaller. tho i think some hands had weird rings on them.

but i figure with all the ht characters out now, some would have smaller hands. i know Jack Sparrow's were smaller but they also had rings and such which precluded general use

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Enterbay hands run smaller, so do Soldier Story hands from about 2 years ago. HT Joker hands (ledger) are fantastic but hard to come by. If you can get a hold of HT Back to the Future hands they are also very good.

You can also add some Sideshow hands to that list. Some are smaller and quite detailed.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Mookeylama, Dr Figures came out with a set of five pairs (I think) of hands several years ago. Those could be the ones that you are talking about as they were compatible with HT bodies but they were a good bit smaller than HT hands. Do you remember if some of them had rings on the hands (***edit*** Never mind. I missed your second post mentioning the rings so I'm fairly certain that they are the same set)? I bought several of them in pairs (as I had no use for the ring hands) and they look really good, though there was one hand in the set that was larger than the others. I know that they were discussed here but with the search function not working properly, I can't find the thread. I looked for the set on Google and eBay but without much luck but I did find some that I'm fairly certain are from the set, broken down and being sold as pairs on eBay.

Bid:
LB-09 1/6 HOT 12" figure male hands TOYS | eBay
LA-11 1/6 HOT 12" figure male hands TOYS | eBay
LB-08 1/6 HOT 12" figure male hands TOYS | eBay

BIN
LB-09 1/6 HOT 12" figure male hands TOYS | eBay
LA-11 1/6 HOT 12" figure male hands TOYS | eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LB-08-1-6-H...039417?hash=item233dfff2f9:g:7Q8AAOxyoA1RRd~u

Doug, since you mentioned the HT Joker (Ledger) hands, I would like to ask a question about the gloved hands from those sets if you have any of them. Do you know if the gloved hands are smaller than the ones from the 1989 Joker (Nicholson) figure? I have several of the Nicholson gloved hands that I've repainted. I really like the old school look of the gloves but the problem is that they are huge and require that a figure be significantly bulked up to not look like they are wearing Mickey Mouse gloves.

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Doug, since you mentioned the HT Joker (Ledger) hands, I would like to ask a question about the gloved hands from those sets if you have any of them. Do you know if the gloved hands are smaller than the ones from the 1989 Joker (Nicholson) figure? I have several of the Nicholson gloved hands that I've repainted. I really like the old school look of the gloves but the problem is that they are huge and require that a figure be significantly bulked up to not look like they are wearing Mickey Mouse gloves.
kenneth, they are smaller than the 1989 gloves. I recall the 1989 joker set having rather large hands. My favorite set of hands from the ledger series was from the Bank robber version.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Thanks, Doug. I will most likely acquire some of those from eBay as I have a project in mind that needs gloves with that old school look that those from the Joker figures have.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
ACI hands are smaller than HT and still fit their pegs.

Here's some on a Vincent Vega figure.

They also come in pale, normal, tan and AA to match a lot of the Gladiator/Roman figures they make.
Toy Anxiety has them starting at 99 cents/hand. But looks like they're out of the AA hands. But they
do have a couple gloved hands. I've never gotten the gloved, so I can't speak for them on size.
But my guess is they are also smaller than HT.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all!
yes Scimitar, it was Dr Figures i meant. great hands but goofy rings lol. thanks for the links

and Ike-Con, good to see ya still around. those hands are exactly what i'm talkin about. nice size. def get some of those. thanks!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
thanks all!
yes Scimitar, it was Dr Figures i meant. great hands but goofy rings lol. thanks for the links

and Ike-Con, good to see ya still around. those hands are exactly what i'm talkin about. nice size. def get some of those. thanks!
Of course I'm still around...=]

I used to have a comparison picture of the ACI/HT/and other hands, but I think I deleted it from my photo bucket years ago.
But yes, when you put them side-by-side, you can see the ACI are smaller. Also, I think that makes them
more in scale than the HT. I've used them on a ton of figures for that fact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts