One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As we all know, the South has gotten popped in the mouth by the weather over the last couple of days.

Yesterday, Atlanta was a damn parking lot and, even though Augusta is 90 miles away, we got our share of the frozen stuff.

Truthfully, it's pretty rare for Augusta to see snow.

When it does, this town closes. That's right, the second largest metro area in Georgia shuts down. There are no stocks of salt or sand; no snow plows; nothing to combat frozen weather like places to the north. I don't care where you're from, when you get here and the weather goes stupid, stay at home and be warm. Getting out because you think you can handle the conditions results in getting stuck somewhere or wrapping your vehicle around a tree or pole 90% of the time. :lol I've seen it time after time after... Atlanta thinks they know better (they ain't got snow gear either). See what that got them? :lol :lol

So, while the national news outlets preached gloom and doom about the plight of the South, some of us took advantage of the situation to have some fun.

It's a snow day. :dancing

I swear, a little common sense goes a long way. :wink

Put on your headphones and turn it up...

Build thread is here:http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/636153-rc-sixth-scale-willys-some-attitude-video-added-post-112-pg-4-a.html

·
Taking over the World
230 Posts
Awesome. Love the head turning.
Yep, I charged up all the LiPos and hit the snow here in NC. 40mph on snowy streets made for some fun.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Extremely Kewl! Excellent craftsmenship on that build, most jealous of the Jeep!! Great video+sountrack Dude!!:thumb:thumb:shades

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That shows why 1:6 is so effective in films, looks very real. As for the driver in a short sleeve tee, "that boy ain't right". Up in the Rockies, I did that as a yoot, but back east the humidity usually makes that real unpleasant.

So much fun, even just lookin'.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. Love the head turning.
Yep, I charged up all the LiPos and hit the snow here in NC. 40mph on snowy streets made for some fun.
Thank you, Doc.

I'd sure love to see some video of a 40 mph beast on slick streets. I'll bet that was fun.

Nice. You should mount a plow to your jeep. You could make a fortune.... in 1/6 scale of course. :nanana:nanana
Much appreciated, sir.

I have seen some pretty damn cool RC snow plow set-ups. Even for a 1:6 scale fortune, I don't believe it's the right thing for me, though. I'd have to wait another five damn years to play with my Jeep. :lol

Extremely Kewl! Excellent craftsmenship on that build, most jealous of the Jeep!! Great video+sountrack Dude!!:thumb:thumb:shades
I thank you, sputnik.

I've already had more than my share of fun with this thing. You ought to build one. Hell, if I can do it, anyone can.

That was cool. Hehe.
Thanks, Binx. It was pretty cold, actually. :wink

Nice, that Jeep can really boogie!
Thank you, PM.

The drive train is set up to support a little speed. I did not go with uber low gear reductions like the crawler guys do. I also used a 35 turn motor, which to me is a nice balance between torque and wheel speed. I'm also running an 11.5 volt battery pack (more juice).

That shows why 1:6 is so effective in films, looks very real. As for the driver in a short sleeve tee, "that boy ain't right". Up in the Rockies, I did that as a yoot, but back east the humidity usually makes that real unpleasant.

So much fun, even just lookin'.
Man, I really appreciate that, PD.

:lol It's funny you mention the driver's attire. I did think about that, but in the heat of the moment of getting out in the snow while there still was some snow, I didn't put a jacket on him.

Perhaps that accounts for the low volume cursing I heard coming from the vehicle during the drive. :lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
it is true you have received a lot of snow. myself here in quebec canada one is used for this. it seems that people have abandoned their cars on the highway. anyway your jeep gives a heart joy. music is dynamique.on know you're a real enthusiast sixth because you did roll your jeep instead of a snowman hihihi

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
:popcorn Snow hey?

Never had any here because we only live a few miles from the sun.
This time of the year if we go outside into the sunshine, it's like walking into a:evil2 blast furnace.

But I like your RC Jeep. :gimme

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it is true you have received a lot of snow. myself here in quebec canada one is used for this. it seems that people have abandoned their cars on the highway. anyway your jeep gives a heart joy. music is dynamique.on know you're a real enthusiast sixth because you did roll your jeep instead of a snowman hihihi
Thank you, captain.

The tune is vintage Mahogany Rush and I thought it was appropriate for the snow drive.

The southern part of the US is just not set up for that kind weather. There's no equipment to combat snow or ice. Folks in Atlanta, for some reason, seem to forget this small detail.

:popcorn Snow hey?

Never had any here because we only live a few miles from the sun.
This time of the year if we go outside into the sunshine, it's like walking into a:evil2 blast furnace.

But I like your RC Jeep. :gimme
I appreciate that, Cerberus.

We get heat down here during the summer, make no mistake. A hundred degrees with 90% humidity is not uncommon at all. So, when we get a few snow flakes during winter, I take advantage.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Too freakin' cool man. All the jeep needs now is a cabin mounted mini-cam to capture the action in the driver's perspective. :p

Great stuff boss, totally dig it. :D
Mighty nice of you to say, gaiagear. I appreciate it.

I have thought about such a camera. They're not very expensive these days. Just haven't seemed to pull that trigger yet. Maybe one day soon. :thumb

The other thing I've thought about is one of those small quad-copters with the cameras built in. That way, the Jeep could be videoed from above while it rides. Now, the tricky part is that extra set of hands I'll need to drive and fly at the same time...

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts