One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Happy 4th!!
Here is my latest figure and my take on a late Victorian era British Explorer/Adventurer, hope you will like him, he is Sir Nigel Hawkins, East Africa 1889. Without qeustion one of the most fun figures i have put together and reminds me a lot of those old adventure movies i watched as a kid.
Thanks and hope you enjoy!
-mike-

Parts breakdown:

Pith Helmet: Cots with custom leather strap
HS: CH Patton with scratch made mustache from old feather duster
Glasses: dml
Uni: top-bbi, pants-dml
Boots: NLM Japanese officer boots
Belt, strap, Webley w/lanyard, pistol pouch: DiD John Colman
Rifle Ammo Pouch: dml
Martini-Henry Rifle and Bayonet: Cots
Flag: dml
Crate: bbi
Smoking Pipe: cots
Telescope: mft reworked
Compass: mft
Documents/Maps: mft
Satchel, Flask and Binocs: Sideshow
Cup and Plate: bgt

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tatuued1 and thanks man! Really glad you enjoyed this figure, had so much fun putting him together. Now that you mention it he does remind me a bit of T.R.
Thanks so much!!

Hi Sinergy and thanks! Really glad you liked him!

Hi Bernard and thanks very much!!

Thank you guys!!
-mike-

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Jolly Good Show Ol Boy !!! Excellent figure Mike, always so off the beaten track and creative. Love that stash and props :)

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jim and thanks very very much!! Really glad you enjoyed him! Yes its true i always enjoy a bit of everything from modern to ancient, i cant stick to one thing lol! The 'Stach was really great fun to make, just used some fibers from this really wooly duster i had and it just worked out as id hoped, glad you liked it too, as well as the other props. Thanks so much Jim, always look forward to your wonderful bashes as well.
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leo as always thanks bro!! One night while working on him i happen to glance over at the duster (it wasnt getting any use anyway lol!) and the lightbulb in my head went off, that thing is so furry i thought hhmm would be perfect for Nigel's 'stache lol. Glad you enoyed him thanks Leo!!
-mike-

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Great looking figure Mike. Lots of cool detail. What were you using for a reference? I like all the little character pieces you added and the uniform looks great. I can also see you are starting to get into Photoshop. Very cool.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Stall Stuff and thanks so much man! As with mostly all of my figures they are just ideas i envision from my head and then i try to put the figure together based on how i saw it, sometimes they work sometimes not lol! I wish i had photoshop, these pics and all my other ones ive just been using my basic image editor which has a few cool features like sepia and adding text, resizing etc. Really glad you enjoyed, thanks so much for all the comments!

Hi Zebraten and thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed him as well as his wolly 'stache, i had fun working on that! Thanks!!

Hi 75th Ranger and thank you very much! Really had fun with this figure and enjoyed putting him together, one of my all-time favs for sure. Thank you!!

Hi [email protected] and thanks so much!!

Thank you guys very much!
-mike-

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.