One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Having just put together the Soldier Story HRT and CIRG figures, it occured to me hoe cool it would be, if a tiny working LED could be adapted for the Laser or tactical flashlight on the HK416 .
Has anyone ever attempted this? A real 'Red Dot' laser on the weapon would be awesome. If it could be powered from a small battery in one of the molle system pouches or back pack and the wires hidden to a degree.
Obviously this could be on any modern figure. It may ha e been done already and I am missing it.

Cheers,

Stu

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,934 Posts
Hi,

Having just put together the Soldier Story HRT and CIRG figures, it occured to me hoe cool it would be, if a tiny working LED could be adapted for the Laser or tactical flashlight on the HK416 .
Has anyone ever attempted this? A real 'Red Dot' laser on the weapon would be awesome. If it could be powered from a small battery in one of the molle system pouches or back pack and the wires hidden to a degree.
Obviously this could be on any modern figure. It may ha e been done already and I am missing it.

Cheers,

Stu
--

Back in the day around 1999/2000, I recollect early attempts utilizing mini-LED lights to simulate tactical lights, etc. on 21STCT weapons.

I met one of the owners of SMALL BLUE PLANET at FX 2000 in Orlando, FL and he had a friend with him at the table showcasing & selling a variety of customized 21STCT weapons with the lights. Prices were reasonable for the time and the construction/design was basic and somewhat crude, but the end result was neat for the period.

That was over 13 years ago so I imagine design & implementation has been refined over the years by customizers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
At the 21C convention in Burbank, there was a dealer who fitted actual laser pointers onto 21C H&K weapons. There'd be a wire leading from the weapon, down the sleeve to a trip switch, and then a coin-sized flat battery to fit hidden somewhere in the back of the vest.
He also did figures modified with RC servos to do sit-ups, and also worked out LED, NVG's on the 21C Apache 'Copter pilot helmets. I have one of the weapons and one of the helmets still.

I don't remember the fellow's name though, but his work was very good.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the 21C convention in Burbank, there was a dealer who fitted actual laser pointers onto 21C H&K weapons. There'd be a wire leading from the weapon, down the sleeve to a trip switch, and then a coin-sized flat battery to fit hidden somewhere in the back of the vest.
He also did figures modified with RC servos to do sit-ups, and also worked out LED, NVG's on the 21C Apache 'Copter pilot helmets. I have one of the weapons and one of the helmets still.

I don't remember the fellow's name though, but his work was very good.
Thas sounds amazing, thanks for the answers chaps ,just need to work out how to do it now.

Thanks,

Stu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.