1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this is the basic weapon I use $10 HK SL9SD
looks wide and bit futuristic imo, but very plastic
very plain and it was too big for a female figure

as you see here, her hand can't reach the grip and trigger.

so I need to chop the buttstock at the length adjustable part

now she can snipe properly, and since I use 2 component epoxy anyway
I decided to dismantle the gun totally, and re glue everything with epoxy, since it is better as gap filler as well.
and then I also smoothen the seams.

I made a silencer from New Ray bike pedestal that was used to secure the bike inside the carton package (can make 6 silencers from that thing):applause
I use fine grit sand paper, and twist the silencer around to make it look machined.

I used electrical tape to fill the gap around the barrel until it matched the silencer snugly.

I also make the cutout for the grip rounder and smoother

then finally I did texturing to the material, giving more believable look that it is made from different material

I used sand paper to roughen cheek pad and the end of the buttstock
I used tamiya acrylic gloss varnish to give more glow to some parts

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
really cool Mod you did on the SL9. The real version is the same way. Two screws on the Buttplate and the Adjusters. Which are single piece of Plastic between the Buttpad and the Stock.

Great job! Been thinking on getting the SL8 that they sale.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you, sorry if I labelled the weapon wrong, I only know this is typical civilian version of G36, whether it is SL8 or SL9 I can't tell, only quoted what the seller labelled it.

the bipod and optics were glued by a very weak contact glue, they fell apart the moment I took it out of the plastic bag, but the plastic seems nice, textured too, so on some part I can buff the texture with pen eraser to make it smoother, and gloss it with varnish, while leaving other part as textured, giving more contrast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts