One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AKA Nigel...
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another of my "upgrades", this time a Bratz dolls pony.
I've given it a good old repaint, a bit of a trim and added a few bits of leather to the saddle and tack.

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
I like the cowgirl figure, but the sculpting of the horse looks weird and cartoon-like, with odd features and proportions. Try it on a Sindy or Marx horse instead, I think one of those will look better.

David

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,779 Posts
I like the cowgirl figure, but the sculpting of the horse looks weird and cartoon-like, with odd features and proportions. Try it on a Sindy or Marx horse instead, I think one of those will look better.

David
i agree with all of what he said! but i must also add, the use of a ScarJO head for a cowgirl makes me think That Scarlett should star in westerns. shoe could easily pull of the western look!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Man, I like that.

Good work on the repaint and the cowgirl, Itchy.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

David
While a Sindy or a Marx horse obviously look more natural, I suspect the whole concept of this particular bash as far as the horse is concerned was precisely to see how far a "cutesy" Bratz horse could be rescued. itchybitz has shown us normal Sindy and Marx horses before, as well as his resurrections of Marx wagons, several Sindy's gigs etc.

To my eyes this looks great, as the Bratz horse has lost some of its original schmaltzy look, minmimized its ridiculously big eyes etc. What remains of its obviously cartoonish proportions is an interesting stylistic effect (like one particular artist might draw horses as opposed to photorealism) that works distinctively with the cowgirl.

It would be interesting to see what could be achieved using a Bratz horse like this with a similarly heavily stylized Army Attractive OE female -- being seated on a the horse would minimize that figure's ridiculously overlong legs. Or I wonder -- considering that even after making this Bratz horse more realistic it's still pretty cute - how it could work with maybe a Gangster Kingdom male sculpt.

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
Definitely an improvement! (Though just to be an annoying equestrian nitpicker, the stirrups aren't quite right - they're for an 'English' or classical style saddle, not a western one which should look like this:

Scarlett really would make an excellent cowgirl, it's a wonder she hasn't done any westerns!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts