One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Bumping again and editing sigs.......
Why?? Cause giving leeway isn't working, sorry.

Sig maximum size is 300pix wide by 125 pix tall for pics.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Once again B.A.S. (Big Ass Sig) has risen and spread throughout the OSW!!!

While he may infiltrate and corrupt your sigs at any time,staff will hunt and strike him down without mercy where ever he is found!!!

Join us in our battle against the B.A.S.!!!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
On most image sigs, just right-click, and choose Properties - that will tell the tale. Your dimensions are gtg Snake, but the img suffers from overbyte.

To be blunt, dealing with any situ on OSW takes away from onesix time for admins. That's why being helpful or dealing with serious situations are our prime concerns. We've managed to handle a pretty healthy spam wave recently, as well as normal duties, but barracks-lawyers are going to get short shrift.

Pushing the limits to prove you can, isn't clever. It's like sitting in traffic with your tunes at full roar. Not cool, and potentially hazardous.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would like to respectfully request the width restriction be reconsidered to the size 350 - to allow the use of a 350x19 "Userbar" - which is designed to pack maximum signature value into a nice, small space.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
After a staff discussion, we have decided to allow the banner type sigs. But be aware, this is a test phase only. Any abusers will have the sig removed. If this gets abused, we ALL lose our sig rights. So says the powers that be.

The rule for size is going to be 350 x 19. It must still fall within the 20K file size. and you can have ONLY ONE banner! And sorry, no combinations of text and banner or any other combos. It will be one or the other.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Damn, that is slick as hell! Where and how did you make that???

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
See above post and note last line particularly!!

Seems to be a run of violators lately and I don't mean the newbies!

In order to deal with the problem staff will bemoving past editing since that doesn't seem to be work.

Next step...DELETE!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd like to point out that I requested and was granted an exception to the 300 px rule to use the standard 350x19 "Userbar" (which are nice and small and don't take up a lot of bandwidth.)

Paul - the best resizing program I've ever found is a freeware program called IrFanView. It's what I used to shrink down the stuff in my avvie and my sig.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts