One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k (20480 bytes) in size

Every time someone cranks up a monster sig, the head shed starts talking about eliminating sigs altogether. Most members enjoy having one of some sort, so we need to keep them reasonable.

After a staff discussion, we have decided to allow the banner type sigs. But be aware, this is a test phase only. Any abusers will have the sig removed. If this gets abused, we ALL lose our sig rights. So says the powers that be.

** The rule for size is going to be 350 x 19. It must still fall within the 20K file size. and you can have ONLY ONE banner! And sorry, no combinations of text and banner or any other combos. It will be one or the other.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
I don't know if it's time of year, boredom, need to be overly expressive or all of these, but please comply with the regs so we can keep our sigs.

It has been brought to staff's attention that the current sig size regs are a bit cloudy.

For clarification:

For personal sigs members may post one of the following:

A single image no larger than 300 pixels wide by 125 pixels tall.

Or may post a text message that is no more than 4 lines including any/all line spacing. This applies to normal size text which #2 font.

Or may post a text message that 8 lines including any/all line spacing. This applies to small size text which is #1 font.

No font size larger than #2 font is allowed.

Also please note that you may have an image, normal text or small text and that combinations of these are not acceptable.

If you have any question please contact a staff member.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Big Ass Sigs!!

As the new year is getting into full swing there has been a swelling of sig size. A phenomena known as BAS...Big Ass Sig!!!

This seems to be most prevalent in those members using the Xbox Gamercards as their sigs. They're too big!! After checking the sizes i found only the smallest one available to fit the size regs.

- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k (20480 bytes) in size
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57390&highlight=sig+size

If you want to know if your sig image fits in the regs just right click on the image, then click on Properties and it will show you the size.

We all like our personalized sigs and if we want to keep them, please stay in the regs.

In the future I will no longer take the time to PM members about their sigs I will just edit them out.

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Amen to that Keith.

We appreciate your need to customize, but fancy sigs are cute for only about 5 seconds. It gets especially tiresome when the bulk of a thread is sigs and not what people have to say. Too often I'll see a post where the reply is shorter than their signature. Please try to express yourself with your words and participation, and less so with cute signatures. Thanks!

:)

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,823 Posts
Silly OSW'ers . . .

XBOX Gamercards are for XBOX LIVE.

;) :p

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
LOL knifesix I was thinking the same thing. BTW while were on this subject, I've had problems getting an image small enough to fit as an avitar and still be clear. Any tips on this subject?
Paul

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
*SIGH* Yes, I despise big ass sigs. Especially when board traffic is high and/or the server is bogged down, they can really drag load time down to a crawl. What's funny is I hadn't even considered BAS to be a problem here. Compared to some other boards I visit, and the two I co-moderate, I hardly noticed them here. :lol My least favorite is the "Blingy Bob" animated countdown sig. And don't even get me started on the sig banners that don't "technically" violate a board's rules but are clearly in poor taste. I've got one of those on another board to deal with right now. :rolleyes

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Warlordskeep said:
LOL knifesix I was thinking the same thing. BTW while were on this subject, I've had problems getting an image small enough to fit as an avitar and still be clear. Any tips on this subject?
Paul
PM me your pic and I'll see if I can help.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
:lol My least favorite is the "Blingy Bob" animated countdown sig. And don't even get me started on the sig banners that don't "technically" violate a board's rules but are clearly in poor taste. I've got one of those on another board to deal with right now. :rolleyes[/QUOTE]

LOL No comment :)

Thanks Grizzerr,
I'll dig the pic up and send it to you. Maybe I just need a clearer pic. But you tell me.
Paul

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Hahaha That Sig comment was funny. Sorry to hear that we have been breakin' regs.

·
Lurker .... or somefin
5,301 Posts
Heh... Blame me for this. I think I started it.

Either way guys if you go back to the place you got it there are smaller options... Like mine.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
bump for more exposure......

1 - 20 of 39 Posts