One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Yes, it is. The other Predators on the ship in Predator 2 have come to be referred to as the "Lost Predators". Don't know why they are called that, but it totally makes sense for Hot Toys to go there with the line. Every Predator on that ship was basically a life-size bash of Predator 1 and 2, just with different helmets on those that wore them. All bodies, heads, and body armor were combos and tweaks of the P1 and P2 costumes. Hell, the P2 Elder is in fact the Predator 1 with an aged face. I won't be surprised if we end up seeing lots of variants for other Lost Predators made from the parts we already have in our collections from just the Predator license. I will be surprised if the head on this one isn't just a repainted Predator 2 head as some were in the movie. However, upon further study of the thumbnail, the upper tusks are positioned differently than the Predator 2. If it's not the P2 head then, it may be a repaint of the upcoming Predator 1 head. I will be blown away if it is in fact a wholey unique head sculpt, but very pleased.

·
Plastic anonymous
213 Posts
Yes, it is. The other Predators on the ship in Predator 2 have come to be referred to as the "Lost Predators". Don't know why they are called that, but it totally makes sense for Hot Toys to go there with the line. Every Predator on that ship was basically a life-size bash of Predator 1 and 2, just with different helmets on those that wore them. All bodies, heads, and body armor were combos and tweaks of the P1 and P2 costumes. Hell, the P2 Elder is in fact the Predator 1 with an aged face. I won't be surprised if we end up seeing lots of variants for other Lost Predators made from the parts we already have in our collections from just the Predator license. I will be surprised if the head on this one isn't just a repainted Predator 2 head as some were in the movie. However, upon further study of the thumbnail, the upper tusks are positioned differently than the Predator 2. If it's not the P2 head then, it may be a repaint of the upcoming Predator 1 head. I will be blown away if it is in fact a wholey unique head sculpt, but very pleased.
Actually from what i know, they're called the lost hunters because the guys who made P2 threw the suits of those hunters away after making the movie hence the term "lost" since the suits can not be recovered again. Kinda dumb huh?

james.

·
Huge Predator Mark
125 Posts
If it's this guy I'm totally there. May be the first Hot Toys pred I buy.
http://www.yourprops.com/norm-4589acadee944-Predator+2+(1990).jpeg
yes, "gort" is also my favorite lost hunter. i actually very easily "bashed" him from the predator 2 figure when i bought the BD version. gort is just the predator 2 suit w/o the net gun and trophy sling, and a different mask. the mask you can find on ebay every once in a while.

i think two of the hunters were unmasked. i'm guessing its one of those.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/kithunter/losthunters1a.jpg

i hope second from the last. thats a pretty unique take on coloration and armor.

hopefully we see this at the con.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, "gort" is also my favorite lost hunter. i actually very easily "bashed" him from the predator 2 figure when i bought the BD version. gort is just the predator 2 suit w/o the net gun and trophy sling, and a different mask. the mask you can find on ebay every once in a while.

i hope second from the last. thats a pretty unique take on coloration and armor.

hopefully we see this at the con.
I think you are right that one is green, unmasked and jaws open just like the one on the pic.

·
Huge Predator Mark
125 Posts
If it is one of the Lost Hunters from Predator 2, I hope they include a mask with the fig even if one didn't appear on screen. A Pred's gotta have a mask, it's a given.
ditto on that. i'm curious as to what accessories he'll come with. probably none - which is why we got all new armor and (possibly?) a new head sculpt - he's the only lost hunter that has totally different armor from any other predator. i'm guessing with the open mandibles its a "no" on a mask, though.

it also looks like his head is a modified predator 1 mask. its just got ridges added at the crown and extra teeth added on the bottom of the lower set of mandibles. like a cross between 1 and 2. should be a totally new sculpt.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Actually from what i know, they're called the lost hunters because the guys who made P2 threw the suits of those hunters away after making the movie hence the term "lost" since the suits can not be recovered again.
Thanks for the education. That makes total sense. I kinda like it actually.
That would be my guess for this figure. I'm sure we'll see it at the Con. Can't wait til Saturday!!!:banana

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
I think he's also known as "Gort ", which means he'll get a hemet.
You know the one, its posted above.
I think the Gort is referring to the helmet or whatever Predator wears the helmet that was originally designed for the first Predator but not used because they felt it looked too much like a face on its own. If this Pred comes with that helmet, that will be awesome.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.