One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've bought from most of the sites/stores listed above.
I have a few soldier story, bbi etc figures but now I'm pretty much focused on HT movie and military and Sideshow star wars, LOTR, Indy etc.

Would love to see some local competition. Majority of my purchases are from China/HK or US ebayers, so if you could offer rrp (or below - check vikingplayground as a guide) pricing and then charge realistic/actual shipping I'd be there quick smart.

I haven't bought any more figures from oziegoods since I was charged US$15 for a AU$6 postbox with nothing inside to stop the box banging around, no padding/newspaper/bubblewrap, nothing.

Good luck, I'll keep my eye out.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
You say there are no proper dealers here in Australia right? and another way to say the same thing would be "there are no dealers or distributors for Australia or 'real' dealers" because that dont carry every thing listed on Hot Toys site?

but the proof is there are two Australian dealers on Hot Toys site, on their official site.
Mate, you should probably either give up while you're behind. That or pick up some reading comprehension. He's pretty clearly talking about places that stock HT's entire line rather than selected items.

Additionally, 7 of your current 9 posts are about how great oziegoods are (one of the other two is about pred figures, and the other is nominating Mike, from oziegoods for a KOTM. Your first post ever was in a thread where I myself was having a difficulty with Rod.

You however, are doing oziegoods more harm than good at the moment, because no-one likes a shill.

To help out on what that is, it's when the only reason you post on OSW is to promote a specific retailer, then you're shilling. FWIW, I don't personally believe that you're either Rod or Mike. I don't think Rod would bother, and Mike has his own account here that does more good than harm to the business.

To clarify my own position, I have no beef with oziegoods, and in fact I've been picking up some stuff from oziegoods via Mike lately, who has been good and fast on the communication and not having any issues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi guys,

John (azazel) let me know about this thread, I thought I should make a post.

Thanks for the support 16scale, But I don't think this is the right way to go about it.

ChaserFan I wish you luck with your shop and website, It seems to me your really passionate about this hobby and there's nothing wrong with competition :goodluck

What I think is that, In terms of this hobby, In Australia we should doing everything we can to make it grow, Because I'd rather see a thriving hobby then a dead one.

·
BIG WELD
190 Posts
:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

Mate you will have my support!!!! :clap :woohoo

It is really needed here Down Under, I think the more exposure to the hobby the better!!

I live in Mackay, Queensland and there isn't any place I can get 1:6 from locally.
I either have to travel to Brisbane or search ebay for over priced figures.
I am relatively new to the hobby, but I feel I have a fantastic collection that I am proud of. My wife (like most others!) on the other hand is not!!

I collect movie (mainly) and comic related figures. All of which come from overseas. So if you are going to do this - mate I am all for it!! :goodluck

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

·
Warmonger
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
OMG! Thankyou everyone! It is FANTASTIC to actually see that there IS support for this; you guys are really taking alot of stress off my mind, THANKYOU!

And thanks Mike, we both want to do this hobby proud!

3,824 Posts
This is the one area that frustrations collectors the most: lack of nearby stores to 'window shop'. Good luck in your venture and hope you succeed.
If there was a store in or near Syracuse or Camillus I would buy A lot more 1/6. But sadly there is not.

·
Australian OSW Rookie
120 Posts
If you are going to offer lower prices and a great range, you have my support.
Australia seemes to get shafted in price and availability when it comes to collectible hobbies. Took me a long time to find a decent comic book dealer. Now if my other passion for action figures can be supplimented I'll be a happy man.:woohoo
I checked out the Hot Toys, way outta my price range, I like the stuff from Dragon or Elite Force. Although Dragon focuses WAY too much on German figures. Need more British and at least 1 Aussies soldier.

·
Registered
854 Posts
mate I would be in on this . and as a side note , I have offered my services before to others in your position .
I am the manager of a large freight forwarding company , and would gladly offer any assistance with your shipping rates and services . We have offices in every major country so we have them all taken care off .
even if I cant help I would still love to have another dealer in Australia .
would you be offering any loose parts ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
would gladly shop with anyone local, providing they stay competitive, not just price, but the good old postage as well. (here is where i pass on the oziegoods debate). Would love to buy loose parts at less shipping than actual cost of goods. Would also bow down to ANYONE who could supply decent slouch hats, badges and unit colour patches! while we are at it, vietnam giggle hats, anything aussie issue, not just bashed brit or us!

·
Registered
351 Posts
well me I am in perth and there is bugger all over here cept for empire memorabillia who really charge a lung for hot toys figures and tactics who only have the 1/6th dragon ww2 line but nothing else.

Be great if there was a walk in shop closer to where I live which is Rockingham. so if you do open up a shop count me in as a buyer(when I have the money)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
And now is a bad time to start anything due to the economic uncertainties.

>>>

·
Thunder From Down Under
57 Posts
Anyone know any good places to buy hot toys in Melbourne or Victoria? I've looked nearly everywhere with no luck and buying on eBay is a killer coz they add $50-80 for shipping

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree Postage is the biggest killer to Buying OS.

Storefront alternatives or buying from domestic Sellers definately are a better way to go.

Ive used AZAZEL and found James to be Quick, able to hunt down hard to source gear and competitively priced.
Any new Competition thatis competitive would be welcomed.
So far this has been monopolised by HK and the US.
!
I wonder what happens to all the factory seconds?
How much fun would Dumpster diving be at the dragon Factories

21 - 38 of 38 Posts