1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
no Doubt...It will be Cody.

·
Home of The Whopper
480 Posts
Republic Commando Sev isn't even a choice, that sucks for me, eh, I'll go for the 9th Assault Corp trooper then, hopefully we get some figures of Delta Squad made, when they announced armored figures the first thing I thought was "cool, Republic Commando figures!", guess I'll have to wait a lil' longer though...

EDIT: Man, clone Assassins would be cool too...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_assassin

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Clarification needed: is $150 for the Medicom version or the SST version? Remember, SST is also the vendor the the Medicom product...please tell me that SST isn't selling their version for $150...if they are then they can keep it.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I agree with duralumin - why are we assuming these will be $150.00?

The only thing I saw in reference to the clone troopers (aside from the poll) was this blurb:

After watching all the excitement spawned from our Clone Trooper armor announcement, it's time for a new poll! This week, we're asking Star Wars fans to pick their favorite Clone Trooper armor style! (And you can bet that at least one of them is currently in the works to be featured as one of our first Clone Trooper 12-inch figures.) The poll is located within the bottom right section of our homepage - and remember to argue the merits of your choice in the comment area below! Plus, be sure to listen to our February 26th podcast to hear more inside info about our Star Wars 12-inch armor development!
I voted for the 501st Legion - Vader's Fist. The Shocktroopers are pretty cool, but I had to go with the 501st. I am a little burned out on clones from hasbro's 3 3/4" figures though.

·
TOYMONGER
846 Posts
Blue (501st . Vader's Fist)
Red (Shock Trooper)
Orange (212th Attack Battalion)
Purple (187th Legion)
Gray (9th Assault Corps)
Tan (38th Armored Division

I think it's a safe bet that they won't do one that Medicom has already done yet. that should leave orange, purple, gray or tan.

hoping for a galactic marine in the future-

·
Registered
325 Posts
There has been no set price announced for SST's armored SW figures.
That $150 price is the Medicom price... one which I won't pay.

And while I appreciate that SST is asking which color version to watch, you KNOW that with the SW license and cost to produce the body, SST will make all the colors they can.

I'm waiting for Clone Armor with small, blood-stained padawan hand prints.

But maybe that's just me! :chainsaw

·
Registered
220 Posts
If i collected the SW line, I would be pretty annoyed if *all* of the clones were $90 a pop.

Companies should pass the re-use savings down, after 2 or 3 of these figures it should be far less ($70 or less.) - Hasbro really stole tons of $$ to clone fans for the last 2 years, SS should show at least a little bit of love to their SW fans, after all this:

- 3 bad Luke headsculpts
- 1 really bad Han Solo sculpt
- 3 price increases since the line started ($50 ~ $60 ~ now $90)
- bad accessories (the bespin belts and holsters)
- they're already reusing a lot of molds and parts (Yavin Luke springs to mind!)

...the people who are completists of the line deserve a little love, and the best way to show that would be by dropping the price on the clones as they roll out, you *know* they're going to do 1,000 variants, and I'm betting they come with 2 or 3 accessories tops. Not such a great value for $90.

...but i voted for the orange. Commander Cody is the only clone design i was into.

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Sorry if I caused any ruffled feathers, I got the $150 from the plain white Medicom Trooper. I thought the colored variants were going to be the next in that line, since the Sideshow homepage mentioned the buzz generated by their Clone armor announcement (the reason for the poll) and the only thing I could find was the announcement of the Medicom Trooper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts