1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Thank you for another great review and all the cool macro photos. I, too, liked my Dengar when he arrived, and I found the same points to appreciate (or not). The additional restriction caused by underlying padded bodysuits is getting to be a frequent annoyance with high-end figures; I wish there would be more attention to keeping the articulation more fully functional. Some people have pointed out the desirability of making the turban out of cloth, too, and that might have been nice if properly done. There is also the issue of the long blaster rifle. The one we get is pretty much an exact version of the real-life weapon that served as inspiration for the onscreen one, but the latter actually had the stock on the end removed. Adding to the confusion, there exist some behind-the-scenes images in which Dengar is posing with 4-LOM's weapon instead of his own. Speaking of these images, they reveal more clearly the weathered, chipped-paint nature of Dengar's armor, and the product we get here is not quite detailed enough. But despite all this, I am happy with my acquisition.

·
Registered
309 Posts
A nice review Michael. I have to say the macro photos really help to see the level of detail on these figures so thanks for taking the time to post them.

I agree with GubernatorFan on the long rifle. It is a shame that it still has the stock in place as it would be more screen accurate without, but over the years that, and swapping the blaster for 4-lom's have been very common mistakes with manufacturers. Looking at some of the pictures in your review it also appears that the blaster pistol holster is a little too tight for the fins on the end of the blasters barrel? I know you said it is tight, and particularly hard to remove the blaster from the holster, but it looks a bit too stretched too me as well.
I am sure I will love this figure when I finally get my UK preorder in my grubby little hands, (yes still waiting). It feels like I have been waiting for the release of this figure for a very long time.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure how they could have done a good job with the wrappings - they go well above his head, so they would need some padding to allow for that. I'm sure it could be done, but I'm fine with this version. I forgot about the stock on the gun though - good catch!

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Oh I agree that an entirely cloth wrapping would have been difficult or impossible -- and I am not really bothered by the route they took here (better this than something oversized or overly-fragile). It was something pointed out by others on Sideshow Freaks, apparently some felt fairly strongly about it. Again, thanks for the detailed review. I am sure it will help people assess the merits of this figure for themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts