One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These picts courtesy Maulfan, all around good egg and great photographer.
He won the production sample figure from a Sideshow sponsored contest.
Yes,thats the Medicom figure on the left in the 3rd pict down. The pict has not been manipulated other than the added saber effect.
No wire in the cape and he stands at 14 inches tall.

·
R&D Dept. Insanity Div.
207 Posts
Very nice, cannot wait to see more pics of this guy as time goes on. Is that really how tall he is? That Medicom looks like Minime Vader - "Aren't you a little short to be Vader?"

·
Taking over the World
230 Posts
Looks quite nice.....but the dome is bothering me a bit. Not enough to cancel mine, but it looks a bit narrow. The bottom seems a bit short and as if it doesn't flare out enough, and the crown seems to taper in too much at the top. The picture with Praji and the Trooper illustrates this. Kinda the opposite of most Sideshow being melon heads, this seems to be a bit pin headed.

I plan to hack away at the solid boots and make them true to the suit as shin guards on top of boots. A nice pair of leather boots underneath will be a nice touch. Might have to add a ball/socket joint for the ankle.

Looking forward to this figure as the Storm and Clone Troopers were nice (with a few minor mods).

·
Rainbow Six Vegas
249 Posts
I agree the helmet sculpt is off. Medicom's might be small, but besides the scale, I think it looks better. And I actually think he looks too big, Vader did not tower over the other actors like that in the films.

·
Shutdown -h NOW
1,560 Posts
...and i shall call him Minnie Me...

- Great looking fig - i think the head is a bit small though. Maybe a little wider at the cheeks/eyes and a slightly larger helmet.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Oh. He is way too tall. In fact, he is a head taller than stormtrooper... Can the mask be removed similar to Medicom one? If not, I am not interested.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts

·
Danish Special Forces
988 Posts
Props to MaulFan for all the photos and his review.

A lot of SW fans have been waiting for this for a lot of years, and it looks like Sideshow delivered the goods. Perhaps some issues with the helm -- but I'm waiting until I have him in hand to pass final judgment. I've found with many Sideshow SW figs, photos just don't do them justice. I'm still in AWE over the Stormtrooper.

This is a MUST-HAVE in my book.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Hmmm,

I found my lack of faith disturbing, but, it's on the wane a little more with these pics. However, standing him may still be a problem as he doesn't look to have ball jointed feet. With a figure like this those would be a must. The inner cape looks better though.

CHEERS!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts