One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....SOLD OUT in just about FOUR MINUTES.

Cah-razy! And I missed getting one by a few seconds, dang it....

I knew there'd be interest, but, four freakin' MINUTES?!? Man, SS better deliver on this one, or there are gonna be a lot of unhappy fans out there.

I ended up getting the standard edition, at least. Oh well.:erm

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Part of the reason may be that it was available for pre-order at Comic Con. Yes, I do mean the Exclusive. Everything on the floor was available for pre-order all five days of Con, including the Stormtrooper Exclusive that pre-orders in about an hour (as of the time of this reply). I had mine secured on Saturday of the Con.

That being said, I thought the Exclusive piece was a 'force choke' hand, but the extra hand they are showing as the exclusive is a pointing fingered hand as in a, "I find your lack of faith disturbing", gesture.

As of 11:10 am today, just after Vader officially sold out in under 6 minutes, the original '2 per' limit on the Exclusive Stormtrooper is now '1 per' customer. They even sited the Con pre-order response as being greater than expected. So far, both of my con orders for the Stromtrooper are still in affect.

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hm; now I don't feel so bad, 'cause I thought the hand with the "choking" gesture shown in the pics was the exclusive. A pointed finger pose a la "I find your lack of faith disturbing" isn't so important to me. Cool.
Now I'm just waiting for the order I phoned in to Sideshow for the regular edition to show up on my account page.

(trying not to be too nervous...)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think the Stormie blaster pistol looks AWESOME - but I missed the exclusive by a few minutes. Am on the wait list.

Was way more interested in exclusive Stormie than Vader's exclusive, so of course I'm able to get the Vader exclusive but I miss the Stormie exclusive. :rolleyes

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
The blaster pistol was used only in publicity shots.
Ive always wanted one, but thanks to SIDESHOWS STUPIDITY I wont.
They let con attendees order 2 of the ex. then restricted online orders to 1 ea
after stronger then expected orders at the con. So the stormtroopers sold out faster then Vader. Sideshow is so clueless sometimes.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
So restricting orders to 1 each online was a dumber move than keeping it 2 per customer??? It seems to me they helped you out as much as possible. As for me, I'm glad they allowed SDCC pre-orders. That's a great bonus for visiting them in person. As for Sideshow, they sold out on their exclusives, so they are probably happy no matter what. I hope they do that every year. Thank God I have the ability to access a computer during their Friday PPO's, but I'm tired of stressing about them all the time.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
So restricting orders to 1 each online was a dumber move than keeping it 2 per customer??? It seems to me they helped you out as much as possible. As for me, I'm glad they allowed SDCC pre-orders. That's a great bonus for visiting them in person. As for Sideshow, they sold out on their exclusives, so they are probably happy no matter what. I hope they do that every year. Thank God I have the ability to access a computer during their Friday PPO's, but I'm tired of stressing about them all the time.
Youre missing my point.
The policy shouldve been in reverse.
Only a relatively small amount of collectors can make it to SDCC.
So they over sell to a disproportionally small group and hose the vast majority of the fan community.
They shouldve limited the con goers to 1 each and the online community to 2. (The con buyer would still be able to have logged in today to try again to get another under this policy.)
No con goer was put on a waitlist after 4 mins like so many were today, EVERYONE who wanted to order at the con WILL receive what they ordered. Not so online.
Considering this is one of the more iconic and desired figures,not to cool.
They did me no favors.
Comprende?

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Youre missing my point.
The policy shouldve been in reverse.
Only a relatively small amount of collectors can make it to SDCC.
So they over sell to disproportionally small group and hose the vast majority of the fan community.
They shouldve limited the con goers to 1 each and the online community to 2. No con goer was put on a waitlist after 4 mins like so many were today. Considering this is one of the more iconic and desired figures,not to cool.
They did me no favors.
Comprende?
The online was supposed to be 2 per like the con from the very beginning, but because of the quickness of the Vader sell out, they made a decision an hour before the Trooper to limit it to 1 to give YOU a greater chance at it. If I were in your shoes, I'd be pissed too, but you can still get the regular version with a limit of 6 per customer. You just won't get that gun that was never even seen on screen and thus not the icon the figure itself is.

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts
Rex I can see why you would be pissed but for me neither of the exclusives are interesting
as for SS being dumb well thats a given

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.