One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Sideshow Bespin Luke in the mail a couple of days ago and I must say that I am happy. This was always my favorite version of Luke and I feel that I now have the 12" Luke that I've always wanted since I was 10 back in 1980. Gone are the knuckle-dragging forearms of the Jedi Luke offering, which I also have. He seems a little short, but Mark Hamill is supposed to be only 5'6" or 5'7", so these proportions fit. The facial expression has Luke Skywalker's sense of wonder and idealism, but it's tempered with a look of battle-hardened experience.
Details are spot on as well. I marveled at the detail on the included weapons (lightsabre and Solo-type pistol) as well as the details on his rig (belt, pouches, and tube-styleholster). The lightsaber even has the little silver rivets sculpted onto the handle, so you know that Sideshow is not just reusing existing molds.

One gripe. He is pictured on the package and shipped with his collar down. This is easily fixed by flipping the collar up, but I figured they would have known better from all the source material they undoubtedly used. Oh well, it's still a great figure.

This figure is really choice. If you have the means, I suggest you pick one up. I could say more, but I'll leave that to Crawford and the other experts for an in-depth analysis. Anyway, thanks for allowing me a minute.

Salud!
:cheers

·
That was Zen, This is Tao
254 Posts
I got mine yesterday as well and although I agree that the details are there, I am not so happy with the sculpt, he just looks kind of dumb founded to me. What is it with Luke sculpts, they all just look goofy to me. The one thing I was not happy at all with - is that his blaster barrel end piece (the thing that looks like a mini funnel) is pointed noticeably upwards. While this can most likely be an easy fix with the good ole' Revlon hair dryer, it shouldn't be necessary. It's not just SideShow though, my Medicom B-Fett's blaster scope is warped as well, makes me want to cry... God, moments like this (when I am posting on an action figure board) and crying make me realize just how much of a geek I still am... :cry

·
Danish Special Forces
988 Posts
You guys get him from Sideshow or an etailer? How much?

Good reviews. I've heard a lot of postive vibes about this one. Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to admit that Mark Hamill wasn't the most emotive guy in the world at that time, so Sideshow probably didn't have a whole lot to work with. These are Star Wars actors under George Lucas' direction fer cryin' out loud. It's a good figure, though. I want X-Wing Luke next!

My Luke's pistol had the same issue, but like you, I've had other figures with bent barrels. Quality control issue?

Salud!

·
That was Zen, This is Tao
254 Posts
Is anyone else having an issue getting the blaster into the holster? It does not seem to fit into the holster enough to put the strap around the handle and reach the magnet. I am needing to put the strap under the handle which is ridiculous. I tried getting the blaster into the holster more, but the 'leather' is now separating at the seams, is this just my issue?

·
Unwell
1,729 Posts
I have yet to get this figure but after hearing all the positive points, I just might. Say -if someone isn't crazy about the Jedi Luke head and body, will this new figure make an appropriate replacement?

Nick

·
Registered
329 Posts
There is a similar pistol/holster mis-match on the new SS John Wayne as "Nathan Brittles" figure. I have seriously considered --- when i have the time -- taking the holster apart and re-sewing it to make it "roomier" for the pistol in hopes that that might solve the issue. Tho' in re-inspection of it, i think i need to move the strap on the holster's flap as well! :sadshake

:nerd

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The pistol fits in my Luke's holster just fine, though I did have to wiggle it in there a little. What I did have a little trouble with was the the wrist posts and how difficult it was to change hands due to how tight the fit was. I thought I was going to break the post from the wrist joint and be forced to have to glue something. Hey, I'd rather have that problem than loose wrist joints and hands that won't stay on.

Salud!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.