One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Danish Special Forces
988 Posts
That's a marvelous review and pics. Nice to see all three Sideshow Lukes side-by-side.

·
Dark Pokemon of the Sith
407 Posts
The pants on my figure are just like the reviewer's. I think that is how it was made on all of them. If you smooth it down and lower the belt into place, it holds together properly. Just an odd way they designed it.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I think this figure looks awful, the likeness is off, the paintwork looks like a china doll, it's just wrong. I'm sure someone like Okieh or Hunky Artist will work wonders with him, but we're not them. Leia is great, but then Carrie Fisher would've sued their sorry butts if it wasn't as I've heard she's picky about licensed likenesses.

They'd better do one HELL of a lot better when they get to Indy as that is the one I'm hanging out for

CHEERS!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
The only thing wrong with this figure for me is the SS body and the now standard staring off into the void blank eyed expression SS seems to paint all their eyes with these days. Is it too much to ask to just move the Iris up a tad or to the left a touch or anything really to give the eyes some expression. I know they used to do it. I have a Silverscreen "Vampyre" with very expressive eyes.

The eyes seem to have only gotten worse too. Spike while not terriblly expressive isn't as dead eyed as my Maul or Anakin.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
My Luke fig doesn't suffer from either Rogerbee or dedguy's forementioned probs., so am I just the lucky one? Rogerbee is so right about Ms. Fisher's curmudgeonly ways: while at Celebration 2 I witnessed a fellow with some stuff that he wanted Carrie to sign...he tells her that he wants something unique and expressive written on his photo of her and she proceeds to write: "Bite Me! LOL...so much for the fans, eh?!

·
Registered
982 Posts
duralumin said:
My Luke fig doesn't suffer from either Rogerbee or dedguy's forementioned probs., so am I just the lucky one? Rogerbee is so right about Ms. Fisher's curmudgeonly ways: while at Celebration 2 I witnessed a fellow with some stuff that he wanted Carrie to sign...he tells her that he wants something unique and expressive written on his photo of her and she proceeds to write: "Bite Me! LOL...so much for the fans, eh?!
My Luke figure looks great too. I think it is the beast SW head SS has released thus far, but that is just my opinion!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Ok, maybe it's the photography then, I'll see what Wookster does and make a better call then. At the moment though, I'm not biting! Great of Carrie to do that, the guy couldn't put it on eBay with that on it. I heard Hamill wanted to sign stuff with 'To eBay..'.

CHEERS!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Totally missed this. Nice review.

I'll add my .02c .

By todays standards, it's lacking. BUT, this is one of the best Luke figures out there. I would have liked to have seen better paint apps on the head sculpt as usual, but for Sideshow it's as good as it gets. For 2007.

I liked that they used the short Buck body, more to the size for Hamill.

And if you can get it, the Exclusive is the way to go. Gotta have the bloody stump and auto-tourniquet.

I managed to find a few Exclusives for sale prices, so one day I'll have a Dagobah version, and a saber duel version as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.