One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sideshow Collectibles presents their newest 1:6th scale Star Wars figure: the Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-wing Pilot from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Proving himself one of the best hotshot X-wing pilots in the galaxy at the Battle of Yavin, Luke Skywalker has come a long way since bulls-eyeing womp rats on his home planet of Tatooine. Featuring a remarkable portrait of Mark Hamill as the Rebel hero, Luke is ready to go full throttle in his authentically recreated flight suit and harness, removable helmet, visor and comlink.

The 1:6 Star Wars - Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-wing Pilot action figure is now available for pre-order priced at $239.99. It is expected to ship October 2015.

The 1:6 Star Wars - Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-wing Pilot action figure features:

• Newly Designed and Fully Articulated Light Body
  • Highly Detailed Luke Skywalker Portrait
  • Helmet with Visor and Comlink
  • Detailed Flight Pressurized G-Suit
  • Flak Vest
  • Life Support Unit with Chest Pack Straps
  • Gear Harness with Belt Flares
  • Data Cylinders
  • Flight Boots
  • Right and Left Relaxed Flight Gloved Hands
  • Right and Left Flight Gloved Fists
  • Right Force Gesture Flight Gloved Hand
  • Right and Left Flight Boots
  • Signal Flares
  • Support Stand with Yavin Base Flight Deck Graphic

·
Registered
72 Posts
Now you're talking! There hasn't been an X Wing pilot since Hasbro days.

I fear 240 is gonna be the new black for 12 inch figs. Seems to be raising exponentially, with little rationale other than demand.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm wondering if licensing costs are part of the reason prices are growing or the demand for these figures.
Can't imagine licensing being the case because the Hoth Luke and Han were priced at $200. A 20% increase in cost within less than a year is just inexplicable inflation.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'll admit that I'm as ignorant as anyone when it comes to licensing & manufacturing costs that go into these figures (not to mention exclusivity contracts). But with the price points for hot toys and now sideshow into the 250ish range for fairly standard 1/6 figures, I would think/hope that there would be room for other manufacturers to jump into these types of figures below those price points and still make a hefty profit.

Perhaps I'm just naive...

·
007 Fan
169 Posts
It's business (greed) not costs.

The technology for making figures is getting better but it's also getting cheaper.

In the past you'd need to by 7 figures at $80 per, for them to make $480 off you. And they had to produce thousands of figures and sell them off too.

They realized that even if prices go up and you now only buy 2 figures a year at $250 per, they still make $500 off you and they get to do it by producing less figures, meaning less cost to them on top of it.

They produce smaller quantities, raising the value, and still make the same level of profit.

And if you are the sucker who still buys 7 figures a year, they now make over $1,400 a year on you.

It's all a win, win, for them. Even if you buy less figures, they are sizing up what level they can price them at to make the most money off us with the least cost/work for them.

·
007 Fan
169 Posts
When sideshow first started they would eventually have to clearance sell tons of merchandise at the end of each year because the quantities were so high.

Now the quantities are lower and they rarely do sales. They have found the balance of how high they can charge and produce low quantities to make the same level of profit.

Why rely on someone buying 7 figures a year and having leftover merchandise when you only need them to buy 2 and you don't have the cost of producing overstock but you still have all the profit you need and the guys who stay buying 5-7 make you a bonanza.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
I love my Star Wars but this is Hot Toys Iron Man prices!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's a really snazzy figure. I love the retro sci-fi look of it. Head sculpt is very good. I'll probably buy this. I don't have any Star Wars figures.

Does anyone know if there's ever been any 1/6 Star Wars vehicles or any other 1/6 science fiction vehicles?

Holy carp! A 1/6 x-wing is huge!

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's a really snazzy figure. I love the retro sci-fi look of it. Head sculpt is very good. I'll probably buy this. I don't have any Star Wars figures.

Does anyone know if there's ever been any 1/6 Star Wars vehicles or any other 1/6 science fiction vehicles?

-There are the batmobiles by Hot Toys and Tron cycle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts