One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Following pre-orders for their 1:6th scale Luke Skywalker (Hoth Gear) (HERE), Sideshow presents the other half of the Empire Strikes Back duo: Han Solo. Dressed for the planet's notorious sub-zero climate, Solo is fitted in an authentically replicated quilted parka complete with rank insignia and fur-trimmed hood, in your choice of brown or blue (the latter will be available exclusively from SideshowCollectibles.com).

In addition to the parka of your choice, two scarves, a cap, and goggles frame Han's lifelike portrait, handcrafted and painted to perfectly capture actor Harrison Ford in the role that made him a star. Or, with the Sideshow Exclusive version you'll be able to swap in the included alternative portrait without headgear to display Han as he appears inside the base. Solo comes fully equipped with a blaster pistol, macrobinoculars, droid caller, and portable life scanner.

The regular Captain Han Solo - Hoth Sixth Scale Figure with brown parka, and the Sideshow Exclusive version with brown or blue parka will each be priced at $199.99. Pre-orders start this Thursday, January 9th.

For those that want Han riding a Tautaun, that figure is available for pre-order HERE. The Tauntaun includes two interchangeable portraits with different expressions so that you can have Luke and Han riding two different beasts.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
My all time favorite Kenner 3 3/4" figure. Been waiting decades to see a decent Hot gear Han :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
So I guess there will be three release options on the sideshow website....the regular brown parka version, exclusive version with alternate head and brow parka, and then another exclusive with the alternate head with the blue parka? Am I reading description correctly?

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I guess there will be three release options on the sideshow website....the regular brown parka version, exclusive version with alternate head and brow parka, and then another exclusive with the alternate head with the blue parka? Am I reading description correctly?
Pretty much two releases... you'll just have a choice of which color parka for the exclusive. I mean, yeah, technically I guess you could say three releases, but I doubt Sideshow will have two exclusive pre-order pages. It will most likely be one pre-order page for the exclusive with the choice of brown or blue parka (check the box).

- Regular with Brown Parka
- Sideshow Exclusive with your choice of Brown OR Blue Parka, as well as bonus head sculpt

It makes sense because the brown parka has been established to be the correct color of jacket he wore in the film - thus it being the default regular release. However, alot of people like the blue, having been raised on the blue Kenner Hoth Han figure. The exclusive gives them the blue option, plus a bonus head.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pretty much two releases... you'll just have a choice of which color parka for the exclusive. I mean, yeah, technically I guess you could say three releases, but I doubt Sideshow will have two exclusive pre-order pages. It will most likely be one pre-order page for the exclusive with the choice of brown or blue parka (check the box).

- Regular with Brown Parka
- Sideshow Exclusive with your choice of Brown OR Blue Parka, as well as bonus head sculpt

It makes sense because the brown parka has been established to be the correct color of jacket he wore in the film - thus it being the default regular release. However, alot of people like the blue, having been raised on the blue Kenner Hoth Han figure. The exclusive gives them the blue option, plus a bonus head.
im kinda stuck now...cause i like em both...is the brown for sure the movie accurate version?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's a vexed and divisive issue. Behind-the-scenes photos and prop exhibits show the jacket to be brown, though it appears blue on screen, so you could argue blue is screen-accurate. See SSF forum for some heated debate on the topic!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I will get one brown coat version, one blue coat version and one regular non-exclusive because... well, I don't why anymore. I just have to have everything in every variation and have $600 to throw at these whims. The more complicated they make it the more I want it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The pics look really cool. I was about to pre-order the exclusive of this and Hoth Luke. Then I realized these were not HOT TOYS but Sideshow st HOT TOYS prices. I have'nt bought a sideshow in some years. I last bought Indiana Jones Toht and Belloq. The prometeus body of those days as well as some other issues were horrendous.

Has the prometeus body improved any over time ? How bout costume and accessories on the Sideshow Star wars figs ? Are the belts/holsters leather or plastic ?
In other words is SS any better and can they justify HOT TOYS prices ?
I would presume the headsculpts are still a little on the large end of the 1/6th scale

I would normally wait for some in hand reviews, before buying, but I fear the exclusives may be pre-sold out by that time and I want the hatless sculpts. Molded on hats are my pet peeve. I'm figuring I might be able to use the HASBRO hats or fashion /kit bash hats of my own

So any reviews or opinions of recent Sideshow Star Wars offerings would help
thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
The pics look really cool. I was about to pre-order the exclusive of this and Hoth Luke. Then I realized these were not HOT TOYS but Sideshow st HOT TOYS prices. I have'nt bought a sideshow in some years. I last bought Indiana Jones Toht and Belloq. The prometeus body of those days as well as some other issues were horrendous.

Has the prometeus body improved any over time ? How bout costume and accessories on the Sideshow Star wars figs ? Are the belts/holsters leather or plastic ?
In other words is SS any better and can they justify HOT TOYS prices ?
I would presume the headsculpts are still a little on the large end of the 1/6th scale

I would normally wait for some in hand reviews, before buying, but I fear the exclusives may be pre-sold out by that time and I want the hatless sculpts. Molded on hats are my pet peeve. I'm figuring I might be able to use the HASBRO hats or fashion /kit bash hats of my own

So any reviews or opinions of recent Sideshow Star Wars offerings would help
thanks
I buy sideshow and hot toys pretty often, they have made improvements over time..they are not up to hot toys materials in terms of bodies and bone structure accuracy, but I have to admit, i tend to have more fun with the sideshow figures because they tend to be more forgiving and durable than hot toys..plus these days, hot toys are becoming very frugal with accessories, sideshow has toned it down a bit also, but they normally include all the parts that you would want for your figure, where hot toys likes to have 3 to 5 different versions of figures with parts that work with previous version of the same character...the only thing that i think sideshow need to work on is the new eyes socket system they are using...in the past the mold was solid sculpt and paint was applied, now they are putting inner parts together to give the eyes more depth, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not...i do know that hot toys plans to come out with their own version of solo, most likely a dx version as well as an anikan skywalker...in my opinion, sideshow does deliver on the price point with their product....the good news is that sideshow honors returns for a full refund if there is something wrong with the figure no matter how small, no questions asked...for 30 days from when it ships to you...plus their rewards points program is a sweet give back...so for me id say it would be a win and taking the chance is worth it....as for me , taun taun and hot han will be added to my collection....hope that helps a little

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have some points but I don't believe they will take them on a pre-order and I would only want the exclusives with the hatless head options

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have some points but I don't believe they will take them on a pre-order and I would only want the exclusives with the hatless head options
Sideshow does allow you to use points on pre orders..I do it all the time...if you get the exclusive version of the figure you get the extra hatless head...you jugs have to choose between the brown or blue parka coat...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts