One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Very easy skip for me, nothing here that I'd want.

I reckon Toht was the guy with the nunchuck coat hanger. Maybe he's next, though one wonders whether the burnt hand or coat hanger would be the "exclusive" bit that Sideshow likes to do.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Don't need much more than Indy and his relics which Hasbro and Gentle Giant have provided in excellent fashion. The only reason I'd get this is if he had a must have exclusive piece like the medalion or something. Still, though, when they branch out into the sequels, a Mola Ram would be worth having, maybe.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hello, everyone!

I've heard the exclusive will include the fly that Belloq accidently / purposely ate!:rolleyes

Maybe the next one they'll do is Sallah... then I'll be able to kitbash the Professor from Sliders! YES!

Seriously, more good news for our hobby. Every little bit helps!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
It isn't bad,

It's possible that Hasbro will do one, and if they do, look out for the HS. Their Indy is fantastic, a point I aim to prove in due course. Kids are getting the better deal from Indy at the moment. If I get a Mutt and a German Indy I may try for the Ark. Anyone got one yet!?

CHEERS!

·
Registered
484 Posts
For a future kitbash idea, the HS might come in handy. The year before "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was released, actor Paul Freeman (who played Belloq) was in the film adaption of Frederick Forsyth's "The Dogs of War." He portrayed an ex-SAS mercenary (led by Christopher Walken.) So, get the nude figure, throw on some basic OD fatigues and a sand beret, put an M-60 in his hands, and you're ready to storm the Zangaran Presidential Palace!

As an aside, this film had a few other actors in the early stages of their careers. Tom Berenger plays another mercenary, so if you have the old Sideshow SGT Barnes figure, just cover up the scars and give him a typical late 70s/early 80s style mustache. Ed O'Neill also appears (long before "Married With Children!") in one scene as a former compatriot of Walken's who decides to stay at his job in the US and not go on the mission to Zangaro.

·
Music City Bacon
1,717 Posts
I always wanted to do a custom of the jeep from the opening scene of Dogs of War with all of the mercs crammed in.... anyhoo... I am one of the ones excited about this one.. Belloq was always my favorite Indy villain... I am somewhat disappointed with the likeness so far.. maybe from different angles it may look better.. or without the hat... regardless i am curious about is accessories... he needs his hookah !!

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
The likeness is nowhere to be found (poor paint apps??)...Toht would be the only other character I'd probably be interested in, and that's stretching it a little bit. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.