One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,860 Posts
Holy cow!!! Look at that Deadpool!!! Well there goes my holiday next year. With
The modern Russian figures and now these - always wanted a 1:6 Deadpool and hopefully Punisher will be good too - my 2 favourite Marvel characters!

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
Wow just wow. SSC could tap into a niche market and probably expand like HT. They simply look amazing. But isn't Wolvie supposed to be a short stocky guy? He looks like he's as tall as Deadpool.

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
These prototypes of Wolverine and Deadpool look much better than the prototypes of the Flash and Green Lantern. I guess Sideshow is showing more love for the Marvel characters than the DC characters.

David

·
Hi, I'm an addict!
3,470 Posts
I have to admit, I'm not really digging that Wolverine. To be more specific, it's the costume. It's an interpretation of the iconic brown and yellow uniform. I prefer the custom suits I've seen here on the forum. I think they should stick more to the original look. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Dead pool looks good but not digging Wolverines sculpt.
Applaud SSC taking this approach on the Marvel stuff.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Very glad to see a 1/6 license for the comics versions of Marvel characters. Happier still that it's SCC because hopefully there will be some stylistic consistency between their Marvel and DC comics lines.

Very happy to see Deadpool in this batch though I don't care for the character at all but it suggests they won't slavishly just track comics equivalents of the big movies. Punisher looks nice but maybe a bit redundant because in this case the comics version isn't that different from the movies.

And there's already a bit of a style clash going on because the sculpt on Wolverine is way more exaggerated/cartoony than Punisher. The SCC DC line is currently having to figure this issue out, because Joker / Harley / Batman were much more moody and stylized, akin to comic art, but they just showed at SDCC their versions of Flash and Green Lantern that are much more stylistically "flat."

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
I'd love to have this wolverine with the PCS Ryu, anyone remember marvel vs capcom game?
Deadpool will sell out in no time.
Im guessing iron man and spiderman next in the shadows?

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I'd love to have this wolverine with the PCS Ryu, anyone remember marvel vs capcom game?
Deadpool will sell out in no time.
Im guessing iron man and spiderman next in the shadows?
Iron Man and Spider Man are at the left, Dr Doom is at the right. Doom is a particulartly logical early choice because a) Sideshow has a strong history of making awesome Doom statues whose design they will hopefully carry over; and b) Doom (or Magneto) are the best choices to establish that the line will do Villains as well as Heroes, as it should. The SCC DC line actually led with the Joker and it had impact.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Love Marvel. Not the biggest Mutant fan. But I must say, these look AMAZING! :jawdrop

It's one thing for Hollywood or even HT for that matter to make versions of movie costumes/actors. But to take the comic version costume/characters and translate them it into real world materials like this is awesome. Love what Sideshow is doing with DC as well. I can not wait for there Flash figure to be released. Hope to see more Marvel in the future though. Can only imagine what Cap woud look like. I can see Spider-Man and Iron Man in the shadows. Daredevil would be nice.....man...so many characters to think about. :dizzy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts