One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Best wishes and more importantly prayers going out to you RA. I'd tell you to stay strong and trust in God, but it sounds as if you're way ahead of me on that score.

Steve

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,301 Posts
I read this and I don't know how to respond. RainbowAvenue has been here way before I started on OSW.
I empathize with you and hope you will have a miracle of some kind. Good luck.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have salmonella poisoning. I can't sleep due to all the diarrhea and vomiting, will see a doctor as soon as I can.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Keep yourself hydrated Ryan, and good luck!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I can't. It's coming out both ends every half hour. Anything I drink won't stay down :/ It's been like this for four hours now, no end in sight.
:erm well just make sure to keep giving yourself liquids to be getting rid of. dont want you to get dehydrated. thats pretty harsh though man, I hope it clears up as soon as possible.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Get your a** to an IC or ER, you do not want to f*ck around with this stuff.

·
U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
1,141 Posts
Get electrolytes in your system! Also, PD is right, get to the ER or Critical Care...whatever you can ASAP.

Jeff

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Morning's here and it looks like it's passed o_O. I haven't been making bathroom trips since 6:00.
Very bizarre, but I'm holding down water again.
Also: ER's a big worry only if I start: A) having black spots in my stool, B) blood in my stool or vomit, or C) start feeling light-headed. Either of those is a HUGE cause for concern, otherwise gotta wait it out.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah, dehydration doesn't always leave you the wait and see option. If you don't go somewhere, you should at minimum have someone reliable check in on you.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Yeah, dehydration doesn't always leave you the wait and see option. If you don't go somewhere, you should at minimum have someone reliable check in on you.
Parents are checking in on me today. Now that I can hold down fluids, drinking plenty of electrolytes, mostly Gatorade and Sprite. I'm gonna see a doc on Monday regardless of the rest of the day or Monday morning.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Bad situation! :sadpace

Hope you recover quick. :hyper

Start looking forward to doing something special for yourself when you're better. Splurge a little after purging too much! :thumb

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Jelly Toast or Saltsticks, Tap Water or decarbonated Coke is all stuff you can drink when you feel sick. Toast without everything would work too, it sucks up excess stomach acid.
Or tea, but i personally don't like tea much (Not that Coke without the fizz is great.)

Get well.

·
motivated and dedicated
1,754 Posts
Im not sure this is considered as "sick" but....

I went in my morning run today and well i rolled/twisted ankle. It hurts like a [email protected]#$h!

I got an ice pack and got it elevated. I need pain killers.

·
motivated and dedicated
1,754 Posts
Update:
I went to the clinic yesterday and got x-rays. No fracture just a real bad sprain. I have to use crutches since it cant support my weight. Hopefully ill be running in no time.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Make sure you give the sprain time to heal, and get a proper wrap. Meantime, get hooked on pain meds.....no, wait......don't get hooked on pain meds.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts