One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Just a cowboy singer
721 Posts
Auggie told me that he was taking pictures of a lot of new items to put up this week!
I already see a few new items in WWI....WWII....Vietnam and Western eras....can't wait to see what else!

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auggie told me that he was taking pictures of a lot of new items to put up this week!
I already see a few new items in WWI....WWII....Vietnam and Western eras....can't wait to see what else!
Cool! I wish he had a newsletter or a way to see all the new items. Maybe one day.

Eric

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Love BGT. There are some Nam items going up soon. Just got some Mitchell pattern helmet covers, quite pleased! Expect pictures soon.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Battlegear Toys rules!
The quality of items overall is excellent and the prices are fair IMO.

But frankly, I'm sick and tired of looking at that 'Sold-Out' mark on Japanese Marine helmets... for more than 2 years!!!:dunno:gimme

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A while back, Auggie and Quan took a short, well-earned and long-overdue bit of time off. They have carried on for years, a small but dedicated outfit. Their products are not manufactured in massive runs, but cover a lot of areas otherwise either thinly represented by other sources, or not at all.

It is often a matter of opportunity, tho Augie will communicate when possible. If there's something you fins to be sold out, pass along a request.

BattleGear Toys
1640 Carlyon Ave. S.E.
Olympia, Wa 98501
U.S.A.

Message Phone (360)200-1893
E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
338 Posts
Auggie and BGT are simply awesome. They offer great pieces with a quality that the big companies can't get close to. But I have to agree about the web site haha. Keep up the good work Auggie.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thanks for the contact info!

I did inquire about those SNLF helmets a few times in the past, but it's been two years. I'll buy them once he got them.
That's OK, I can find other alternatives.

As long as BGT continues to put out fine stuff, all's good!:thumb

·
Registered
578 Posts
Really? Personally, I find the prices fair for the quality you get.
For example, the marching boots, BGT prices is same as previous NLM, USD18 per pair, but when we take a look at boots sole, there is nothing on BGT one except its own logo. But for NLM, there are loads of details such as shoe spikes, steel plate, even the shoe size!

Another example, for German Y harness, quality is comparable btw BGT and NLM (I have actually both), but price wide, BGT is 2 times higher than NLM!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just got my first package from BGT. I ordered some parts I could not find anywhere else, and I was very impressed with the result. I seriously probably wouldn't even be doing 1/6 if not for BGT.

But I agree that the site badly needs to be cleaned up and updated. If they could modernize it, it would be fantastic.

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just got my first package from BGT. I ordered some parts I could not find anywhere else, and I was very impressed with the result. I seriously probably wouldn't even be doing 1/6 if not for BGT.

But I agree that the site badly needs to be cleaned up and updated. If they could modernize it, it would be fantastic.
I hear ya! I've been doing 1/6 Western and Civil War figures in big part due to BGT.

And yes, it would be totally fantastic, if they were to modernize their site.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Love BGT. There are some Nam items going up soon. Just got some Mitchell pattern helmet covers, quite pleased! Expect pictures soon.
I am planning to order some of those helmet covers myself and wanted to know what helmet are they going to fit, are Dragon Helmets okay or do I need some other M1 helmets for that?

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
I am planning to order some of those helmet covers myself and wanted to know what helmet are they going to fit, are Dragon Helmets okay or do I need some other M1 helmets for that?
They fit Dragon M1's pretty perfectly, just need to wet them down and put a couple holes in the sides for the helmet straps to go through the cover and you're in business.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts