One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
SLAYER RULES!
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I get female fig for my collection. Because I kinda want to but my family Gives me **** about my collection, but I would like to get some girl figs if I do they would give me more **** about it and might disown me for it.
what should I do? :bag :sadshake

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Certainly. They're are some pretty damn cool fem figs on the market today. I have at least 10 displayed and they really do add to my collection.

·
Rogue Trader
1,263 Posts
People, including family, will always try to tar others with the same brush as themselves. You can't please everyone, so don't try....your interest in 1/6th is part of who you are right now....its important to express yourself, and follow your own interests until you're finished with it.

Even if you want to dress fem figures in hot pants, and have a private moment while you pose them, thats your privilige, and its your right. Don't let others define who you are....theres only one of you. DON'T be a clone.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That **** which does not kill us makes us stronger....

If your enjoyment trumps their hassling, then do what you want.

I'd only advise not to ask Apache26.....

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I have 4 in my collection right now.Working on number 5

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I have 5 female bashes in my collection right now. They're all Hasbro "Jane" figures; 3 Caucasians with different hair colors and 2 AA with different HS's. I made 3 pilots and 2 grunts using upgraded DML + BBI uniforms & gear. The upgraded gear really kicked them up, and I found having a few female troopers really added to my collection. My wife thought so too.

I once also bought a BBI Cy Girl Space "person" on impulse ... well ... because it was a space figure ... but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Takara Washio Midori Panzer Cop

Quite possibly one of the best female figs out there that doesnt look dorky or nerdy when added to your collection IMO.

Plus she has this cool mask and helmet that covers her head if you dont want to display her pretty face sculpt.

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
KENX said:
Should I get female fig for my collection. Because I kinda want to but my family Gives me **** about my collection, but I would like to get some girl figs if I do they would give me more **** about it and might disown me for it.
Are you 10 years old????

Eric

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Everyone has different experiences and relationships with family, that's not just an age issue. The guy's just looking for feedback.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
KENX said:
if you dont mention it to them,they most likely will never even notice a fem fig.if they do notice and give you some cheap ass **** about it, just get real angry and make some outrageous claims about their personel hygeine and give them the krazy peepers. then this :sadpace turns to this :evil and all is well again

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yeah, go ahead and do it. I have about 3 WW2 DML Russian women and the DML German nurse. I also have the F15 BBi pilot and plan on getting a few modern US Army fem figs. After all, women are on duty with our armed forces today.
Go for it!

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Yes, absolutely.
I have plenty of female figures in my collection. I want my collection to represent the diverse people I see in real life, so having women in it is a must.

Besides, the Joes and other 1/6 scale men around here appreciate having the company. :lol

Some additional thoughts....
A few folks will argue the there is something unseemly or even perverse about even owning female figures. I don't believe that's the case. If you're building elaborate S&M/fetish dioramas or whatever, maybe I could see some validity to that argument (but it's still your stuff to do with as you like). Some female figure in BDUs or jeans and a t-shirt just standing on your shelf isn't twisted, in my opinion.

·
SLAYER RULES!
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MisterToy said:
Are you 10 years old????

Eric
no i'm 20 and my family tells me to quit collecting and I tell them to piss off
and they don't stop bitching about my figs and I don't want to be judged
anymore for what I get. :sadpace

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I look at my collection as part of my life. I tend to like balance in my life. So I want balance in my collection. So I have female figs to offset my male figs. I think they work well together. Also my wife enjoys working with the female figures. Which then means I can talk her into making Kewl custom stuff for my male figs to. ;)
Paul

·
Registered
84 Posts
MisterToy said:
Are you 10 years old????

Eric
Are You? Don't listen to this guy 99% of us now what your talking about with family someone gave us crap at some point in our hobby, Wow youd think for a guy who owns an online business youd sway from comments like that oh well your call. Anyways do what makes you happy, if having a girl in the collection would make you happy then do so, people only make fun of things they don't understand. As long as your having fun thats all that matters.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hiroyuki said:
Takara Washio Midori Panzer Cop

Quite possibly one of the best female figs out there that doesnt look dorky or nerdy when added to your collection IMO.

Plus she has this cool mask and helmet that covers her head if you dont want to display her pretty face sculpt.
I second that!
one of my favorits too
One thing though...
beware of her baclava it tends to dye off and sets real well in the soft vinyl of her face and you end up with a dalmatian midori!
same thing should be true for the male wolf brigade panzer cop.

Othe choice comming up is HT Applessed Dunan Knut inspired by Masamune shirow and who's tatcical gear was designed by Murccia Prada for the 2008 anime movie Appleseed Ex Machina (produced by john Woo)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.