One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that HT has decided to come out Dutch from Predator 1, my problem started..

1) Should i buy 2 Dutch and bash one of them into Arnold from the show Commando and keep the other 1 as the original Dutch ?

2) Buy 1 HT Predator 1 Dutch, save the money for the 2nd Dutch and wait for HT to release a Commando figure ( now that they got the sculpt and Arnie lookalike muscle body ), hopefully ?

What will you guys do ? Many thanks in advance..

Arnie in Commando

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Coorr - what a decision. We'll personally, the pred figures will be getting the bashing treatment as they are not as accurate as I want them anyway. Re the commando bash, I would buy two and sit on one (not litterally). You could always sell it loose or sell it on MIB pending release of a "matrix" commando figure? I would be very suprised if they did not release Matrix, but its a question of timing. Perhapes some of the more connected people out there could get an answer on this for us? Look at Indie - the number of customs and bashes which are going to eBay or being split pending the 3 different releases...

So if I were you, buy two and sit on one for a while awaiting a Martix figure.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
and...

Oh yeah - not a commerical plug or a dig at HT, but get Lonnie's Arnie sculpt - it is soooo much better for this bash. Here is one I have had waiting for the right time - which I think is now looming (the body has been the issue).:devilhnd

Attachments

·
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coorr - what a decision. We'll personally, the pred figures will be getting the bashing treatment as they are not as accurate as I want them anyway. Re the commando bash, I would buy two and sit on one (not litterally). You could always sell it loose or sell it on MIB pending release of a "matrix" commando figure? I would be very suprised if they did not release Matrix, but its a question of timing. Perhapes some of the more connected people out there could get an answer on this for us? Look at Indie - the number of customs and bashes which are going to eBay or being split pending the 3 different releases...

So if I were you, buy two and sit on one for a while awaiting a Martix figure.
Thanks, if i were to get 2 Dutchs, i have a feeling the other Dutch won't stay as Dutch for very long though... :lol

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
Now that HT has decided to come out Dutch from Predator 1, my problem started..

1) Should i buy 2 Dutch and bash one of them into Arnold from the show Commando and keep the other 1 as the original Dutch ?

2) Buy 1 HT Predator 1 Dutch, save the money for the 2nd Dutch and wait for HT to release a Commando figure ( now that they got the sculpt and Arnie lookalike muscle body ), hopefully ?

What will you guys do ? Many thanks in advance..

Arnie in Commando
when in doubt

BASH!!!!
just my opinion, but buying isn't a hobby. Collecting is fun, but being creative is where it is at

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
While Hot Toys does seem to have the Arnold likeness rights now, and they are hell-a-good at making military style figures, and Matrix seems an obvious progression, I don't see them picking up the rights to "Commando" any time soon. I'd say you'd be waiting indefinitely for that to happen. Following the general rule here, I say bash it. Matrix and Dutch are pretty much the same guy in every sense. This would be the easiest custom ever: a little new paint, weapons, and pants. Do it.

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
newb...i have been begging and pleading to HT for a matrix figure.and after seeing the predator figs...who knows? as for a bash...it all depends how 'into it' you want to go.it's all in the gear.you can get a 4 barrel rocket launcher and shotguns and AUGs...but that sweet valmet RPK or nifty assault vest?those will take some work(but if your good with an exacto and plastic putty...who knows?).i am slowly squirreling away parts...but i would beg borrow or steal for a HT figure.

·
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mr Petey, JTFazz, Stall Stuff : You guys have already nudge me to the " Bought 2 Dutch and bash my own Matrix figure " side..

SilentSurfer : I agree that it may seemed unlikely HT may come up with a Commando Matrix figure but with likeness there, there might be a chance but you are right as i think it will be one of the easiet bash, except for some of the gears.

Tigerstripeblue : Hi fellow Command fan, i think the hardest to get for a correct bash is the 4 barrel rocket which i think so far, none in existence. The assult vest do looks similar to what Dutch is wearing.

Thanks guys for all the inputs :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.