One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local AZ group set up another diorama this year for the AHMTA (Arizona Historical Military Transport Association) Southwest Military Transport Show at the AZ Commemorative Air Force Aviation Museum this past weekend (23-24 Feb).

We had a medium sized diorama with a WW2 German trench complex and U.S. troops with the new Dragon Sherman (painted by Scott Carter).

We had several of our vehicles on display as well as the diorama. We had an M10 TD, Tiger tank, Hetzer, 2 jeeps, 2 German motorcycle & sidecar combos, kubelwagen, modern Land Rover, M151 Mutt & trailer and a Dodge truck, most painted by either Scott Carter or Geppetto Joe.

There were a lot of great 1:1 vehicles to be seen at the show, great for reference photos and a couple of us had a little fun with the diorama at the end of the show, part of a little running inside joke, kind of photo bombing our own dio.

We had a good time at the show and I ran my 21C RC Abrahms tank around to surprise a few folks walking by.

You can take a look at the photo album with all the pics (diorama, scale vehicle and the 1:1 vehicles at the show....some are close up shots for reference, sorry).

http://www.myspace.com/davros666/photos/albums/ahmta-feb-2013/1425301

you can check out our past show dioramas in the other albums too
http://www.myspace.com/davros666/photos

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Really love the vehicles, figures, and Dio, most jealous, sweet set-up, great paint apps!!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I wish I'd been there to experience it first-hand.

That's a pile of damn fine work on display.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words. We always hope to find more local interest in the hobby. One of my favorite things was being able to set my Land Rover next to Alex's WW2 SAS jeep for a sort of then and now looks at British Desert warriors.

Jeff did a great job with the aid station and since the show was for historical military vehicles the folks at the show really got a kick out of seeing their vehicles in scale, like the Mutt, jeeps and Dodge.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts