One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Gray Man
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had any tips on obtaining that 'just so' look with these shemaghs? As the material is so thin they just bounce up and don't seem to sit with any kind of weight - was considering using hairspray...

Anyone any good with posing these things?

Thanks

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
There used to be some good "how-to" links, like Military Morons' site, but that was well over ten years ago. Now, the first approach would be keyword(s) "how to tie/wear a shemagh" on Google Search.
The subject was widely covered here, many times. You can find those threads, but the links are often dead - "shemagh"site:www.onesixthwarriors.com - Google Search

Wetting down the scale cloth (sometimes with water and white glue), is one approach. Hairspray also advocated.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Pretty much what PD said in his comment. Spraying down the Shemagh with water and a bit of White glue. Even Starch can help too.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
As far as I can tell, Military Morons militarymorons.com objective accurate information about gear weapons equipment is still working. That's where I found out how to tie a shemagh, and it was PD who first suggested it way back when...

Since then I have tied many a shemagh and turban on my figures. I find soaking the shemagh or cloth for a turban to be the best way to get it to set right. Never tried White glue though, as I'm afraid it may damage the color of the shemagh. The technique does work quite well, so give it a go.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
One of the old images we had....

·
WHAT?!! No cupcakes?!
526 Posts
You can also try using thin gauge wire and double the shemagh over it to help get more control and give you those nice folds and bends. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I can try to get you a pic.

·
BANNED
1,049 Posts
My easy solution... assuming its folded around the neck... is to cut it by half. Worked perfectly with my HT Royce. Just pretend it's a full shemagh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts