One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Every since i started this hobby in 2001 i have not looked back since.

I could still remember my first figure. HT HALO Fig. My 2nd was BBi Owl and the third was DML Leo after which was figure after figure after figure and eventually i lost count, Along the way included countless packets of accessories as well.

My First Kitbash done in 2001(which i rediscovered recently) will remain my First Kitbash. It is not much, looking at the gear and stuff. If you going to ask me whether i'm going to redo this bash, i would probably say no because it reminded me of all these years of collecting and bashing. It has also made me reflect on how much has evolved since the beginning of my collection and bashing runs and how i have grown and learn into this hobby.

It would be standing on one of my display shelf for me to hold and to recall all my years of Kitbashing in time to come again.

So do you guys still keep your first Kitbash? If you do please share it with me.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Ha, a dml Leo. Boy does this bring back memories. My first bash was a redo of bbi Owl. I even still have it. I should take a pic of him.

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
Against convention, I started out the hobby by doing a kitbash instead of buying a first boxed figure. Went all over the place buying lose parts wanting to build an IDF soldier. So you see, my love and great yearning for a good IDF trooper goes a very very long way.

I love him then, and I still do now. Talking about first loves :lol

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kenny,

You had patience, i actually wanted to do the same.

I envisioned myself buying a weapon, then later boots, uniform, headgear, vest.....and then i thought what the heck, bought myself a box instead.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Since picking up the hobby about three years ago, I have generally been an inbox collector and really enjoy looking at em in the "plastic coffins" as so many have referred to the boxed figure as. I finally got around to actually opening and putting them together about a year ago, and started to do actual from scratch bashes shortly there after. First one I did is an 82nd Airborne Paratrooper from WWII. I still like him and love the simplicity of the WWII bashes, but gotta say that I got the bug for modern about three months or so ago and there is something to be said for all the equipment out there.

·
What I miss??????
645 Posts
First pic

The first figure I bashed was inadvertantly also a DML release I didn't know about. I used the pic from early OEF of the marine in the khaki flight suit:

I posted him and everyone thought it was Perry, but he's mostly BBI parts.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Heck, I can't even remember mine anymore. :lol If I had to guess, I would imagine I used some Classic Collection GI Joes along with some of the early Ultimate Soldier Vietnam-era uniform sets. I remember having a small team in ERDL and tiger stripe camo and a Marine DI.

The first bashes that I was really happy with were a group of Rangers I created, also from Joes, using the Ultimate Soldier carded Ranger sets.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, I don't have any pictures of it at the moment, but my first kitbash had to be in 1998. I put the uniform from the Hasbro carded sailor on a "Soldiers of the World" body (it was one of the first headsculpts with a mustache, which I have always had). I armed him with an M-79 Grenade Launcher (my favorite personal weapon, if it knocked me on my can the first time I shot it).

Voila! Instant mini-me...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts