One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wanting to do an entire Brothers in Arms squad has een slightly releived. After Albert Ross arrived at my house, i began re-hashing the figure. I repainted the sculpt, to try to improve over the original paint. However, the paint was too dark to work for what I originally intended, then i realized he looked kinda like "Mac" from the game "Brothers in Arms- Road to Hill 30" and "Brothers in Arms- Earned in Blood." Hell's Highway is still to e released. I custom made the .45 Holster, the sling was custom made. It's not very good, but neither was DiD's. The rank stripes were custom made, I was too impatiente to wait for anything to ship. All the decals were hand-painted on the helmet. The Lt. Stripe easily chipped off. The Airorne chinstrap was also custom made. I'm not shure of US equipment set-up, so go easy if I screwed something up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not a bad bash at all. The only thing I have to add, is that the bar on the back of the helmet should be horizontal, not vertical. A vertical bar signifies that he is a junior officer or of higher rank. Non-coms had a horizontal bar. Nice bash Richard.

I was wondering if you were gonna put the Baker's dozen 13 on the helmet. Nice job.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. I was unsure about the helmet stirpe, i didn't know anything about US figures, so i went with vertical. Anybody got any ideas as for which sculpts would work for Allen & Garnet?

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Fantastic work on Mac das soldat! I am currently playing the game now and your figure brings the character to life. I was pretty bummed when Allen and Garnett died though. Great work! :thumb :thumb :thumb

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Yujin, Uramegak, and broadshore. Due to an error in photography for my next project, it presented me with a really cool effect, perfect for this figure.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Great looking figure there.

As I'm always worried about inaccuracies, I tend to shy away from doing military bashes of any kind. I attempted to do Joe Enders from Windtalkers once and he was an unmitigated disaster. Mind you, you do learn about what to do through learning what not to do first.

You've really pulled this figure off

CHEERS!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.