One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Here is my bash of Sgt. Bill Dane - U.S. Army - Bataan Peninsula 1942 from the movie 'Bataan', starring Robert Taylor.
In the movie, Robert Taylor and his 12 men face hopeless odds as the Japanese push towards the inevitable conquest of the Philippines. They are cut off from reinforcements, weakened by malaria, hugely outnumbered but greatly remembered in this highly patriotic war film made in 1943. Dane's mission is to blow a strategic brigde and then prevent the Japanese from rebuilding or crossing as long as possible. A very memorable wartime movie with a memorable cast.
In the near future i would like to add some of those memorable characters but for now here is my take on Sgt Bill Dane, enjoy and thank you!
-mike-

Color pics:

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Mike, that's a great looking bash (as always). I'm not familiar with the film, but superb weathering and the pose with the rifle-cum-club was a real show-stopper (no pun intended) for me.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much Pivot! This is my first real attempt at weathering, really glad you like it thank you! In the hand-to-hand scenes near the end of the movie, he breaks his Springfield rifle on the back of a Japanese soldier, very memorable scene and i just had to do that pose. Thank you!!!
-mike-

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Mike, AWESOME bash man!! :thumb

I have a Bataan fig myself, but it is a couple years old, and was in the process of upgrading him before time seemed to slip away from me.

If I could make a suggestion , and these are part of the upgrades I was working on myself, replace the roughouts with the capped toe service shoe and add some lift the dot snaps to the web gear.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi BR and thanks very much!! Ive seen a number of your great figures but not your Bataan one that i recall and i would love to see yours when you get the chance to upgrade him.
Thank you for the suggestions, i really appreciate them and had thought about them too, specially the ltd snaps. Where can i get those? Thank you BR, i really enjoy you ww2 figs immensely.
-mike-

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Great job on Sgt Dane, Mike. You definitely caught the dirty, ragged, tired look of the tough NCO. One of my favorite WW2 films, possibly the most honest ones done during the war.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you PD!! I have wanted to make this figure for some time and glad i was able to make him. It's one of my favorite WW2 movies as well (i have it on dvd and pop it in the player quite often) and i agree with you assessment, great honest war film. I really tried hard to get him to look as he does in the movie, a rough n tough, tough talkin nco and did my best to capture him from the film. Thanks so much PD, really glad you like him!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Mikoyan!! Its my first real try at weathering as i wanted him to look like he does in the movie, probably could be a bit dirtier but really glad you like him thank you!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Shaun!! Really glad you like this one too! I really enjoyed making this one, specially as he is from one of my fav WW2 movies. Can't wait to see your figure Shaun, ill be looking for it and have fun working on it.
thank you!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you Don! I was just looking at your great Seal bash too! Great work as always Don! Really glad you liked the b&w and the color shots, i really enjoy showing them both for everyone to see. THank you so much for the comments Don, glad you like him!!!
Thanks!

Thank you Mercenary!! Have been wanting to make him for some time and really glad you like how he turned out, thank you so much!

Thanks guys!!
-mike-

1 - 20 of 80 Posts