One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted the moderators opions on posting a pic of sf - should we conceal thier identity? I am refering to pic easily found on the internet or other mass media outlets. Thanks guys - i dont want to do the wrong thing but if its not concealed else where whats the point on our board!

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Did he get that M4 from Hot Toys?
It looks massive!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats his decision . Iam refering to posting pics of someone other than yourself.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
That is a judgement call that you will have to make. Because the pic is already out there, you really aren't obligated to modify it. If you have any inside information about a pic, you should be careful about what you say since identities can be tracked. Some SF guys are very concious about not having their pic taken, but like it was pointed out, they are not spies. Oh, Rob is not an SF guy. He'sTACP like me. He worked in Northern Iraq though while I was somewhere else.
I guess the best advice to give you is if you're not sure, don't. It never hurts to be safe. There's no rules out there for civilians to follow. If it's on the internet, it's fair game pretty much. During Afghanistan, we would run and hide everytime a reporter showed up with a camera. Now things are a little different. I know I don't like to post pics of guys unless they are blacked out. I work with these dudes everyday and I don't want anything to happen to them. Use your best judgement though.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep, I'm just compact... Good thing I have an M4 and not a M16. In my defense, I have a larger version of the ACOG on my rifle which throws off the scale a bit... ok, and the fact that I am compact...
And as Havoc points out, I'm not SF, just AF TACP. I don't really worry about posting my pic here as I am wearing sunglasses which helps a little. I think 'last name' protection is the more significant issue for most as that is something one can look up on the net, etc. Using my photo to try and track me down isn't as likely IMHO. Anyone who is 'after me' is going to find me anyways as the TACP career field isn't that big... But on that note, although I'm fine with posting my own pic, I wouldn't post anyone else from my team without blurring the details.
By the way, doesn't wearing sunglasses or blacking out the eyes with a box protect my identity? Nobody ever figured out who Zorro, Batman, or the Lone Ranger was...
"Who was that masked man?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts