One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been lurking around reading and admiring the fantastic works here. Finally took pictures of my 4th bash. Here's my rendition of SF cowboy. Love the headsculpt from PMC 2007. Gears and equipment are of course not accurate. It'd take some time before I know what's what. Enjoy.

Finally took out my sewing kit and went to work making my first rifle slings and belt. 4mm cloth strips were found at a local embroidery store and buckle set from Barrack Sgt was used. Please excuse a newbie's excitement for something as simple as this. :D

Cheers
tang
________
Wiki Vaporizer

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Great looking bash, looks like he's working alongside some conventional troops for the moment. Nice job checking off everything he could need: water, ammo, radio.

I'd like to know more about this 4mm cloth strips you found at your local embroidery store. That is some really nice sling material, probably better than most I've seen/used. I'd like to find some if you could elaborate.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks saiko. I have no idea wat he's supposed to be wearing so I just clad him in watever's in my bin. As for the 4mm cloth strips, they were the last 2 packs I could find from the shop in Singapore. I tried asking the lady if she could order more of it but the supplier seemed to have went out of business. I did 3 belts using the 4mm cloth strips and grosgrain ribbons but the cloth one is definitely better.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
He looks good tang, and there's nothing wrong with getting excited over fabricating slings and other goodies. Well done, and welcome to the surface.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
thanks guys! I had no idea it'd feel so good playing with mandolls. :D well, more to come!

david_kay, thanks for the heads up. I thought HT got it right.

pukindog, now its on to sewing balaclavas and t-shirts from my old army t-shirts.
________
Laguna Bay II Condo Pattaya

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts
Looks great Tang! Great score on the fabric for the rifle sling - that thing is damn difficult to come across here! Too bad the supplier has gone out of business. I know for sure quite a few people here would be more than capable of putting him back in! :D Where was it anyway?

I had no idea it'd feel so good playing with mandolls. :D well, more to come!
Too much information tang, too much informtion! :rolling :lol :bag

1 - 20 of 29 Posts